Xanax issue

froghat

Ok, here's the deal. I'm a vendor for a snack company and most of my time is spent driving, but two days a week I spend 1 hour loading my truck at our warehouse. It's a very stressful situation. Basically, the 3 district managers watch you the whole time and usually other coworkers are sitting around as well. I just can't focus when people are watching me with nothing else to do. The whole time I feel like I'm gonna explode with nervous and energy and I just wish they would look the other way. Lately I've been taking 1 mg of xanax each time I go, but I'm not sure if it's good to take 1 mg of xanax 2 times a week. What do you guys think?

Enialis227

NOTE: I am obviously not a doctor.

1mg twice a week sounds fine if .5 mg at a time does not help you. What does your prescription call for?

Noca

Banned
Whats your script read? If you take a benzo only 2 times a week you wont get dependent on it but your tolerance will be lowered as well. It may make you too drowsy to drive. Dont drive or operate machinery till you know how your Xanax dose will affect you. If you feel drowsy, dont drive, its not worth it. Whatever amount you decide to take, make sure you run it by your doctor first.

DillJenkins

Xanax is good stuff. Taking a total of 2mg per week will not make you dependent at all.

I take 1mg Xanax most days. In .25mg form.

sullyS1985

I am no doctor but as long as you keep it to twice a week and dont exceed that i feel like you should be fine. Like Noca said though get used to the meds before operating heavy machinery or what have you. Just dont get to where you are popping one every day because that leads to a high tolerance and risk of withdrawal when you stop. I personally had obtained some xanax from a friend and didnt realize it but was taking it every day for only one and a half to two weeks and when my supply was out i paid the benefit by experiencing Benzo withdrawal. I was only taking bars or 1 mg as well so it is really easy to get to the point where you will go through withdrawals when suddenly quiting but like you said you are only doing it 2 times a week and that should be ok.

Noca

Banned
If more people started sentances like this we would not have to worry about legal/moral wranglings and they would not have the mods on thier back
Or you could save us all the trouble and put a disclaimer at the bottom of every page.

SilentType

Banned
I'm on 6mg of Klonopin (pretty much the same as Xanax) per DAY. I suppose they don't know what to do about my panic disorder so they just keep upping the benzos and here I am after four years, dependent on the filthy little pills. I recently spent 4 days at an in-patient facility after trying to kill myself with opiates and the doc decided i needed an increase in benzos, ambien (which never works more than 3 weeks for me), and yet another SNRI (I've tried about all the SSRIs and SNRIs now and nothing has ever made a difference.) I was doing really well coping with my panic during my first week or two out of the facility, but now I feel like I'm sinking back into my old ways already... I took 4800mg of Oxycontin and who knows how much Klonopin, and I thought that'd be more than enough. I really wanted the struggle to end and I told nobody about it, but instead of dying, my mom found me in my bed sleeping like a log next to a pile of vomit... I've got a new therapist and a new psychiatrist so hopefully these changed in treatment will make a difference. I'm even supposed to be attending a panic disorder group therapy session. I'm striding towards recovery, but I guess I just have to give it time to set in and take its course... Ramble ramble ramble on...

Peace

Noca

Banned
I'm on 6mg of Klonopin (pretty much the same as Xanax) per DAY. I suppose they don't know what to do about my panic disorder so they just keep upping the benzos and here I am after four years, dependent on the filthy little pills. I recently spent 4 days at an in-patient facility after trying to kill myself with opiates and the doc decided i needed an increase in benzos, ambien (which never works more than 3 weeks for me), and yet another SNRI (I've tried about all the SSRIs and SNRIs now and nothing has ever made a difference.) I was doing really well coping with my panic during my first week or two out of the facility, but now I feel like I'm sinking back into my old ways already... I took 4800mg of Oxycontin and who knows how much Klonopin, and I thought that'd be more than enough. I really wanted the struggle to end and I told nobody about it, but instead of dying, my mom found me in my bed sleeping like a log next to a pile of vomit... I've got a new therapist and a new psychiatrist so hopefully these changed in treatment will make a difference. I'm even supposed to be attending a panic disorder group therapy session. I'm striding towards recovery, but I guess I just have to give it time to set in and take its course... Ramble ramble ramble on...

Peace

Im sorry you had to be in that situation where you chose to end your life. Im glad your still with us. Do you suffer from chronic pain in addition to depression/anxiety?

SilentType

Banned
No I don't suffer from chronic pain, Noca. The oxys came from the street so it jwas honestly ust an expensive failure of a suicide attempt(s). I'm getting the outpatient help that I need now and doing my best to move on with my life.

I know you're wondering about my tolerance, Noca. I've used opiates recreationally over the past few years, although never more than a couple times per week. My tolerance to oxycontin wasn't all that high, as I could get pretty ****ed up from 40 mg. I actually attempted suicide 4 times over the course of a month, with my final dose of 480 mgs. I think I wrote 4800mgs in my last post, lol, my mistake. That muc oc would cost a fortune and I'd certainly be dead. if I could have afforded such a thing. I diid have 15 OC 80s at first, choosing to push the limits on 4 different occasions rather than go for all 15 at once. I tok 4, then 4, then 6 over the course of a month.

I don't just suffer from depression/anxiety either... My official diagnosis is severe panic disorder with occasional bouts of agoraphobia. Just wanted to clear that up while I was writing my ****ed up life story... lol

Thanks for caring though, Noca. Believe it or not this means a lot to me.

Peace