Would you rather...

xxaimsxx

Have a best friend or friends ... that also have social anxiety whom you could talk to and discuss things with. Or would you rather have friends who are confident that could help you get out of your rut and could make you more like them?

I think i would rather choose the 1st option because i like the feeling of being totally in sync with someone. Like a kind of 'misery loves company' thing.

How about you?

Why

2nd option

many of my frends dont have SA necessarily but def. arent outgiong/social and we never talk about the forbidden fruit of our social lives :C

U

userremoved

I have to say thats a hard choice, because I've got to experience both. My outgoing friends did get me out more but there was a lot of frustration on their side at times. So I would go with the SA friend if I had to choose because he's like a brother to me.

Nack

Banned
Well I consider you guys/this forum option two. Friends arn't hard to make, best friend takes time. Either way I always feel relax when I'm here, well most of the time that is...

xxaimsxx

I have to say thats a hard choice, because I've got to experience both. My outgoing friends did get me out more but there was a lot of frustration on there side at times. So I would go with the SA friend if I had to choose because he's like a brother to me.

Yeah experiencing both is good. It's not like i would ignore an outgoing person because of my own insecurities.

Newtype

I would say the 2nd one. I used to have normal friends and the very few times they took me out I really enjoyed it. But at the same time, I refused many of their invitations, disappointing them, so it's easy to hurt them.

Moonie

I guess I'd rather have someone more social phobic. Even though it would probably be harder to meet them in the first place. It's difficult to maintain friends that are more outgoing. I have had a friend and some boyfriends that were more outgoing. While fun can ensue from these relationships, they seem to get more fed up with my personality. They tend to get bored with me or just don't understand me. I think a social phobic would be a better friend because they will cherish you more.

Masychefx2

Banned
i wish i had a freind or rather a girlfrind who was like me so we can both be awkward together i have so much love to give but nobody wants it just me alone as usual.

EscapeArtist

I would go with the second one. I had a friend with social anxiety, and in the end, after 2 years of being very close, she started getting on my nerves because I saw my own bad side in her without realising it. Not a good situations! I started projecting my own hatred towards my self on her. I still feel kind of like a monster x_x

And plus, the SA friend overcame their SA with ecstacy and alcohol partying. They left me behind, even after I stopped being mean and started working on myself. =[ Now I be-eth aloneth and she be-eth a super well known and loved person in this small town. Sucks

I crave somebody to admire.

I love being in sync with someone too, That's a stronger bond/connection.
You can talk more about deep stuff, and things u go through, and they will understand. But ofc I won't ignore the very outgoing people, they are great too.
But i think its very important that people accept me the way I am.

i think i'd rather have friends with SA because I wouldn't feel so intimidated, and it would be easier to talk to them knowing that they stuff up their words/sentences just as much as I do.