would you put SA on a college application?

coriander1992

well, would you? :?
I have to fill in and send mine off soon, and there is a question that goes something like: are there any special circumstances you would like us to know about concerning your application?, and then another that asks wether you need any extra medical or educational support?
would you put it down or not?

sidney

I dont see why u shudnt it cudnt hurt, i mean if it isnt the type of thing they meant so what they wont look too closely at it and they mite beable to do something to help :)

cobalt_bluester

hi, i can totally understand the difficulty of this situation as you are obviously afraid of being discriminated. I would do whatever feels comfortable to you. there would be no shame in admitting your problems as I have told my boss about having depression and social phobia and it has helped my work situation.

good luck, richard

coriander1992

Tryin said:
coriander1992 said:
Tryin said:
Yes. (Btw., what college are you applying for?)

why? :lol:

Grantham college :wink:

Smalltalk and curiosity :lol: What are you planning to study?

Lol i was in a sarcastic mood sorry :wink:
I'm hoping to do my A Levels (probably business, english lit, ict & phycology (sp?) so i can go to uni eventually :)

coriander1992

mieis said:
I'm actually thinking about mentioning it in my personal statement.
I mean, I don't think I can fully describe myself without saying something about SA because it's such a large part of me. I'm not sure how good of an idea it is though..

I was kinda thinking the same as you.
The only thing i'd be worried about is them asking any arkward questions about it in the interview, or asking any questions at all about it to be honest!
suppose it would show determination or something though if you tell them your battling with SA? no?