Worst Nightmares

FriendlyShadow

Oh, and one that I have been having lately is that I have a baby. And I am so happy to be a mom, so when I'm at the hospital... I want to hold my baby, but my mom and sisters keep avoiding me and hogging the baby. Then when I go home, the baby is in a car seat and I can't see him... But I want to hold him, and my sisters keep giving me excuses as to why I can't hold him yet.

They give me pills so I can rest, basically keeping me drugged. But all I want is the baby. I finally start to cry because I'm so weak and frustrated that I haven't held the baby. Finally, they let me see him... And my mom is encouraging me, saying that everything will be OK. And she says that as long as we love him , nothing else matters.

So when she finally hands me the baby, I see him... And its a monkey.

But I don't care, I still hug and kiss him... But soon they take away to study him and why he's a monkey.

I have had this dream at least 5times.

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. I've also had some dreams where I've ended up somehow pregnant and that I'm in the doctor's office but I'm not going in labor or anything. Even when I tell my parents this in my dream, they just smile and say you're going to have a boy or something. I think it's due to the fact I myself, am not a child person, so I guess I don't have interest in having kids in the first place. I think it would just be too much stress for my situation... too time consuming to worry about everything else and my 'own' children on top of things. Though as always, it felt like it was really happening in my dreams... I'm too young to get pregnant :/

Often have nightmares or dreams that involve being swamped by large waves, tsunamis etc. The reverse are good dreams about extremely low tides

closethomosape

If there are any artists out there who take inspiration from this, that would be awesome. I love hearing about dreams! Thanks for making this thread!

I was walking down a street in Baltimore that I used to run down on a grey cold day. I had brought a skate board with me and was planning on learning to ride it out on the streets, but I had a creeping suspicion that a guy in my peripheral vision was following me, so I turned back having a distinct thought that I didn’t want to fall off and get mugged. I turned back and must have taken a wrong turn and ended up walking through a very rural poor neighborhood overrun with tall weeds and small trees. I was trudging through people’s backyards when an African American woman, loudly called out to me. I was scared, but we talked a bit and I was relieved when the conversation went well. She had two twin daughters who had down syndrome who were trudging around the yard. The mental retardation was evident in their facial features. They were tall big girls wearing English peasant-type clothes and they were carrying big pails of water in their thick farm girl forearms. I was scared, but I followed them and I was lead to this large overgrown abandoned backyard pool area. The scene was very fragmented though because it was in a dream. My little half-sister, Analisa was there and she showed me around. She was very sprite-like, prancing around happily and with a supernatural lightness. We peeked over the edge of the garden wall that surrounded the yard and I was shocked and delighted to see water, so close I could reach out and touch the surface. The water extended out as far as the eye could see. Like a still ocean. Resting on the lightly rippling surface were tiny butterflies of all kinds of gorgeous colors and patterns. They bobbed and fluttered around and immediately below the surface, were equally sized tropical fish that pecked and flitted at the surface which had bits of aquatic plants lightly scattered here and there. This vignette ends and transitions to the same setting, but this time, in the water, looming over the wall are massive humps and heads of orca whales frozen solid. Analisa is still somewhere in the scene and I am overwhelmed by that scary feeling you get when you are confronted with the presence and mass of a live animal. Surprisingly, I run my hand over the face of one whale, feeling the cold layer of ice. The atmosphere and light is a little bit less warm in this scene and the air has that anticipatory stillness. There was some lead up to this, but I end up scolding Analisa for something and saying, “Okay, Analisa?” but she doesn’t respond because she’s annoyed at me for scolding her. Suddenly her face, which I was holding turns into some sort of totem/ancient artifact-looking brass sculpted face. “Okay, Analisa?”, I say feeling the frustration rise in me.