Working out

Falcon

I started lifting weights a month ago. It's amazing what it's done for my self confidence. It's shallow I know, but now when I walk past a mirror I'm like "WHOA, I look DAMN good!!"

I urge everyone in here to try working out if you don't already.

Chilling__Echo

exercise is GREAT for battling depression! it's helped me alot in just clearing my mind. i try adn do an hour every morning but lately i haven't the time.

Gloomy

I exercise sometimes. I just do situps and pushups, but it helps a lot. It gives me energy and clears the gloom in my head.
I don't know why I dont do it more, I always feel better after I do.

Septor

I exercise regular it's great for my health but it never made me feel any better.My luck. :(

idunnoimnotcreativ

Hey with lifting weights do you guys go to the gym? I've been a few times, but really I feel really out of place since I'm the single scrawny little punk, and everyone else there is in insanely great shape.

Falcon

idunnoimnotcreativ said:
Hey with lifting weights do you guys go to the gym? I've been a few times, but really I feel really out of place since I'm the single scrawny little punk, and everyone else there is in insanely great shape.
Yes I do go to the gym. I used to feel very awkward since I was so scrawny compared to everyone else. But with time I acquired the ability to have a very small awareness radius. Basically when I am in the gym, I somehow am able to focus just on my lifting and the immediate area around me. So I don't care who looks or stares or what they're thinking of me, since I don't even notice anyone else in the gym. P.S. no one looks at me, everyone is just concentrating. no one is looking at you eitehr :)

cLavain

idunnoimnotcreativ said:
Yes, I do go to the gym, but I feel the same way. Ive been lifting weights for a year now, and I'm certainly stronger and more defined, but I'm still very slender, probably always will be.

Even so, exercise is great for depression and low self esteem! It releases all these chemical substances that makes most people feel at least a little bit better. And as I mentioned in another thread, it feels good to be able to change at least one part of your life!

I find exercise really helps lift my mood and make me happier with my body, but unfortunately when I'm really depressed, and should be working out to make myself feel better, I just the lack to motivation to :?

shae

I've been working out for 16 months and enjoy it alot, it helps, but its not a cure all for me. My anxiety is internal. No matter how damn good I look.

I see a guy working out all the time and he has chronic shyness. He looks like he hates women. He is probably petrified of them, and I have confirmation now of this, his wife took him to the cleaners, if you know what I mean, kids, house, savings the lot. He now lives with his dad. He is bitter and severely shy.

He looks like the hulk, but he is so timid.

shae

Waybuloo

yea i know i look in the mirror after work out, damn thats not bad, and then look north and see that face its like, hopeless, back to square one of self loathing