Working/jobs ????

medlam

Hi all

I have full body HH and facial sweating is by far most annoying and difficult to deal with.
I have a part time job outside working with children, it's not many hours a week certainly not enough to live of and has no real prospects. I'm able to do this job as its outside and children don't seem to notice sweating, so socially it's easier to deal with, though this isn't much of an achivemnet and won't help me to earn a good living and live a successfull life.
My question is to those with full body/ facial sweating.

What sort of jobs or work do you do?
Are we stuck with manual labour where sweating is part of it?
Will we ever be successfull or does HH prevent us from archiving our dreams and goals?
How would you deal with office work or job indoors surrounded by collegues?

Any advice, help or previous Experince would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Sprawling

It's truly a tough question to answer. I can only say that HH effected a lot of my employment decisions during my early years before the time of not having the internet and groups like this one. My solution was to become self employed. This was also based on the fact I didn't like working for others and I liked the idea of controlling my own life and choosing when I wanted to work.

HH did limit some of the fields of employment that I would have liked to pursue. Things might have turned out differently if ionto treatments were more readily available and doctors had more knowledge of HH during those times. Back then sweaty hands was strictly associated with nervousness and therapy was the only solution offered.

hyp-hi

That's great you have found a job where it works well with HH. But you are right it is a shame how it has such a big effect on employment. Like Sprawling, I am also now self employed which allows much more freedom and does not force you to be around others when you are sweating. I work from home and do jobs on the computer. They do not earn a lot, but it is better than having to go to an office everyday. Before this I did have a traditional job that involved interacting closely with many other people. It was very stressful at times. Choosing the right clothing that can conceal sweat is what helped get me through it. Also being able to move around and take breaks helps.

medlam

Thanks you two for your advice/ experiences I'm sorry to say that i find both your answers a bit depressing, nothing against you two and if your happy then fair play but it does seem to enhance my idea that HH is a ******* that stops us achieving our goals and dreams.

Not saying I expect a million pound a year job but I would love to experience things, the banter, people relying on you,becoming something in a specific area.HH makes all these things very hard.

Any success stories out there ?
Anyone achived their goals or aspirations?

Many thanks and for those also suffering keep fighting and believing that's all we got!!!

CharlesN

I don't have fully body HH, although at times I do sweat more than normal. Mostly palmar is what I've dealt with and honestly it had no impact on my career. Been in IT for 25 years now. From starting with IBM in 1988 to smaller firms to doing some consulting to now doing something relatively stress-free and brainless (by choice). But my goals and aspirations have never had much to do with work. lol

I don't think it surprises people if your hands are sweaty for an interview. Anyone who has conducted enough interviews knows that it is a pressurized situation and almost all candidates will show nervousness.

I interact with people on a daily basis. I did miss it when I worked out of my home office managing a data centre.

We all make allowances for what we think we can or can't do. But does it hurt to try? I guess the feeling of rejection hurts. But who knows, getting that dream job you desire might be a reverse trigger for your HH. I think there is a definite mental aspect to HH. When I'm doing what I love - fishing - I never ever have HH. Even on days where the humidex is 40+ Celsius I'll sweat sure, like anyone else, but no HH and no palmar sweatiness.

Good luck dude, don't give up.

corranhorn

To answer your question, I work in law enforcement and I have frequent contact with people. They're never really in a position to make a nasty comment which is good I suppose. Basically I try to just chase my dreams, hh be damned. It's never easy. Forget the rest of the world and pursue what makes you happy. Many people have limiting conditions. Don't waste time with people that don't understand. Get what treatment you can from meds and just jump in to life. It's not comfortable, but the alternative is misery or complete seclusion. That's the only answer I can think of mate