Work Tonight...

4seasons

Hahaha i think back on it now and laugh but it was seriously one of the most awkward and anxious experiences I've had since i started working there. Theres a chick i work with and whenever she sees me she says "hey you, smile" or "why are so grouchy" or something like that, I always turn red and all that shit. Well tonight she was on the cash register right behind me and the whole time she wouldn't shut up. I was serving a customer and so was she, so there was a lot of people around, she goes "hey Daniel, why do you talk so quite? Why are you so shy? Why do you always keep to yourself?". She asked all these questions at once and it was crazy because those 3 questions are my worse problems and questions i could never answer for myself even haha. Anyway the whole night i was red pretty much and shrugging my shoulders.

I guess in a way people like that could actually help me in the long run, know what i mean? Those people that force you to talk no matter what....its almost like some people understand and they do try to help.

Sounds like she's flirting with you. You should ask her out on a date. Maybe if she sees how "talkative" you are in the back seat she'll lighten up on you at work.

recluse

Asking someone a question like ''Why are you so shy?'' is so stupid! How does one answer a question like that? ''Ummm because i am i guess'' I mean don't these people get it that not everyone has the same personality?

Some_guy

IWouldPreferNotTo said:
Why don't you reply by saying "Why do you talk so much?" or "I'm trying to tune you out" ?
I think that'd be uncalled for. ;) From what he said I don't think she was being mean on purpose.

4seasons

No, she wasn't trying to be cruel. She was trying to get me to speak up or cheer up I guess. As far as telling her off, even if she did "piss me off", I'm not a dick, i don't have it in me.

Some_guy

It's probably hard for people to deal with the shy and social phobic, unless they've experienced it themselves in their life.

Then again what would she do, ignore you all day long? Either way it sucks from a social phobic point of view.

Hopefully your job will help desensitize your fears. :) How long since you started?

4seasons

It has been around 7 months since i started. Its actually has helped to a certain degree. Like being in public, walking, looking around or whatever isn't as awkward as it used to be for me and i can do small talk with some customers but if the conversation goes to long i start get that feeling(you know what it is) and i just stop talking. As far as making friends, talking to girls...its the same as it used to be. Hopefully if i stick with it will slowly cure me and i will be able to do those things some day. I hate my job and the only reason why im still working there is because its helping me to some degree.