Work out buddies?

Queen_Regnant

So, I've recently been wanting to get back into working out. I normally do it during the summer, but winter just sucks all the motivation out of me and I need to get out of my funk. I just weighed myself and realized I had gained weight. :eek:mg:

I like having other people to talk about it with to keep myself motivated and inspired, but I am scared of bringing it up with anyone IRL. Anyone else have this problem?

Is there anyone that would want to do it with me? We don't have to post pictures if you're not comfortable, or even say your stats.

MotherWolff

Banned
So, I've recently been wanting to get back into working out. I normally do it during the summer, but winter just sucks all the motivation out of me and I need to get out of my funk. I just weighed myself and realized I had gained weight. :eek:mg:

I like having other people to talk about it with to keep myself motivated and inspired, but I am scared of bringing it up with anyone IRL. Anyone else have this problem?

Is there anyone that would want to do it with me? We don't have to post pictures if you're not comfortable, or even say your stats.

I would love to be your work out buddy!:applause:

Feel free to PM me at anytime. I can give you some really useful tips to reach you goals but you have to be willing to put in the time and hard work. Ok?:thumbup:

Queen_Regnant

Fantastic! I'd love it if more people could just come to this thread and we could all chat. :)

I'm to terrified of the gym, so I'll be doing work outs in my home. Maybe you can give me some healthy recipes to try? I love cooking and learning new ones. Food is my weakness. :blushing:

MotherWolff

Banned
Fantastic! I'd love it if more people could just come to this thread and we could all chat. :)

I'm to terrified of the gym, so I'll be doing work outs in my home. Maybe you can give me some healthy recipes to try? I love cooking and learning new ones. Food is my weakness. :blushing:

Yeah. Try out Beachbody DVDs! THEY WORK!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Imma tell you right now, I NEVER COOK. I just boil food. I mostly eat purely raw fruits and veggies!

You gotta make food your strength instead of your weakness.

Queen_Regnant

I saw those just a few days ago and was honestly thinking about trying it out. I've also started to cut down my meat intake and start eating more healthily. Another problem is that I just don't eat very much - I work two jobs, so I never have time for it it seems. :(

My current stats are this for my own future reference:

I'm 5'.
140 lbs.
Size 8, petite pants.

I have a natural pear shaped body, small upper torso and wide hips (and big butt) that carry the weight I gained from my first and only child. I would like to tone myself back up. While I don't expect a large weight loss since I am not particularly overweight, I would still like to shed some off of my lower body so that I am more proportional.

NamiraWilhelm

We're kinda the same Queen, a five foot short *** trying to tone up ;) my weight's pretty similar to yours I think, really I just want to shed some of my bum and belly, maybe tone up a little if that's possible with my love of food.

Just started running in the morning. I've never been a sporty person so it's hard to find exercise I enjoy :/ I have a few DVDs but I'm trying to reduce the amount of isolating activities in my life. But I'm so with you on the gym thing, I imagine it to be this awful competitive environment, nothing could tempt me there lol.

Queen_Regnant

We're kinda the same Queen, a five foot short *** trying to tone up ;) my weight's pretty similar to yours I think, really I just want to shed some of my bum and belly, maybe tone up a little if that's possible with my love of food.

Just started running in the morning. I've never been a sporty person so it's hard to find exercise I enjoy :/ I have a few DVDs but I'm trying to reduce the amount of isolating activities in my life. But I'm so with you on the gym thing, I imagine it to be this awful competitive environment, nothing could tempt me there lol.
Haha! Short shits can unite! Luckily I have fairly strong arms because of one of my jobs, so I got some guns. ;D

I miss walking/running. The cold weather has completely made me stop. I can't handle the cold or extreme heat, I turn into such a wuss. I need to figure out a new routine to work with for indoor use.

I've always been terrified of the gym. I might be able to go if I knew it was going to be completely empty and I had someone who I actually felt comfortable with.. but, nope. I also can't talk about exercising in person. I become terrified and judged, especially when they start asking what do I do exactly.

MotherWolff

Banned
I saw those just a few days ago and was honestly thinking about trying it out. I've also started to cut down my meat intake and start eating more healthily. Another problem is that I just don't eat very much - I work two jobs, so I never have time for it it seems. :(

My current stats are this for my own future reference:

I'm 5'.
140 lbs.
Size 8, petite pants.

I have a natural pear shaped body, small upper torso and wide hips (and big butt) that carry the weight I gained from my first and only child. I would like to tone myself back up. While I don't expect a large weight loss since I am not particularly overweight, I would still like to shed some off of my lower body so that I am more proportional.

Well, I am bigger than you. But I think that it might have alot to do with me being a black female. Black women have larger thighs, hips, and buns.

But, I did have an awful diet and no exercise for a while. Now I went from 230lbs to 165lbs. I want to get to your weight. I also want to develop lean mass.

Queen_Regnant

I would really like to try toning my stomach up a bit as well. I have a little extra skin from pregnancy and I would like to try and tightening up a little. I got lucky in that it isn't to terrible, but.. it could use something.

First step, I had a salad for my lunch/dinner while here at work. Maybe I can keep myself in the spirit and then exercise/clean my whole house when I get home. :thumbup:

Queen_Regnant

I did the same video this morning. I didn't finish the last minute or so though, I just couldn't for some reason. My body hurts.

The monkey squats are what are the hardest for me though. My god, my legs hurt as soon as I start them. The Romanian Deadlifts are hard just because I have horrible balance and I just keep falling over.. :eek:mg:

fate12321

There was this app that I use to use on my phone called Fitocracy. It's an online fitness forum that tracks your progress and stuff. It was really useful for me. You should try it out.