Work and the toilet

mostlyokay

I’ve been spending a bit of time in the toilet lately. At least its calm and peaceful in there. Things haven’t got much easier at work, sometimes it feels like I’m running a marathon uphill. Or if I’m in a witch hunt and next I’m going to be burned at the stake. Sorry to be so dramatic but it just feels like that at this instance.

Since my last post things haven’t got much easier. My boss threatened me with dismissal if I couldn’t pour this particular liquid into a tube (despite the fact that there is other work to do), however as she was leaning over me after advising me about my imminent dismissal, I did it perfectly, and have continued to do it okay (not always perfect but come on again the stress!). Had a guy grope me in the corridor (mostly male dominated workplace). And was told I needed to do extra work to cover my morning tea. And today I got called in to talk to my boss and their boss. Not on my performance (as far as I can tell) but because I was too stressed! So what if I shake or go red or stutter, didn’t realize I was going to be pulled aside and made an example of. Everyone in the group knew I’d been ‘talked to’. Besides the fact the place IS stressful if not bordering on harassment, why do people always seem to have a problem if you’re shy. Sure I work at it but sometimes the old fear slips back in. Sometimes it feels as though I will never be accepted. I wish leaving was an easy option but my contract is quite long and difficult to get out of.

But I will try and look on the bright side, I’m youngish (26), I have a great husband (who is gorgeous) and the toilet at work is usually empty for long stretches (once again not many women).

mikebird

Banned
I love a few minutes in the toilet to get some peace away from a mayhem office with annoying people who just never stop shouting, screaming, laughing, smiling, and making tea and coffee, doing nothing.

I'd rather be in a field, counting sheep

I’ve been spending a bit of time in the toilet lately. At least its calm and peaceful in there. Things haven’t got much easier at work, sometimes it feels like I’m running a marathon uphill. Or if I’m in a witch hunt and next I’m going to be burned at the stake. Sorry to be so dramatic but it just feels like that at this instance.

Since my last post things haven’t got much easier. My boss threatened me with dismissal if I couldn’t pour this particular liquid into a tube (despite the fact that there is other work to do), however as she was leaning over me after advising me about my imminent dismissal, I did it perfectly, and have continued to do it okay (not always perfect but come on again the stress!). Had a guy grope me in the corridor (mostly male dominated workplace). And was told I needed to do extra work to cover my morning tea. And today I got called in to talk to my boss and their boss. Not on my performance (as far as I can tell) but because I was too stressed! So what if I shake or go red or stutter, didn’t realize I was going to be pulled aside and made an example of. Everyone in the group knew I’d been ‘talked to’. Besides the fact the place IS stressful if not bordering on harassment, why do people always seem to have a problem if you’re shy. Sure I work at it but sometimes the old fear slips back in. Sometimes it feels as though I will never be accepted. I wish leaving was an easy option but my contract is quite long and difficult to get out of.

But I will try and look on the bright side, I’m youngish (26), I have a great husband (who is gorgeous) and the toilet at work is usually empty for long stretches (once again not many women).

Gosh, it sounds like a horrid place to work, being groped is completely unacceptable :[

MikeyC

Yeah, being groped is sexual harassment and you have grounds to take it further if you so wish.

Males are vicious creatures....