Will Long Distance Relationship ever work?

SpLynx

It worked for me. We met in internet, met after 5 months in real, then were living for 3 years apart meeting 1-2 times a year and then got married and are living happily together.

sabzz

I'm in a LDR, but not too far apart at least we are in the same country! We met online and messaged each other daily for a long time, as friends initially. Then we had to get over the phone calls but it was so great to hear his voice finally. After meeting each other for a week last year in London, we got on fantastically well and have lots in common. We now see each other every fortnight for the weekend which does get tough in between sometimes because it can be nice to have someone to hug you when you feel so bad.

But there are one or two little advantages too. Some people actually like their own space and there's something kind of exciting about only seeing the person you like every now and then. Maybe waiting in the train-station or airport for them to arrive and the build-up to the day that they're arriving on.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, as the old cliche goes.

I'd much rather be in a relationship with the right person who lives miles away than be with the wrong person who lives next-door!

I totally agree with this though, I so enjoy the excitement I feel when either I'm just getting into the train station or he is coming to my place :)

This makes me so sad. I met the most amazing person I'll ever meet on the internet. She lived in Switzerland and she was just incredible. The most talented, coolest, gorgeous person I have ever known. She was super confident and I had zero confidence. We liked each other so much and always mailed, texted, phoned sometimes. She'd always text me in the night and she made me feel so amazing and happy. She wanted to meet many times but I was too scared too so said I couldn't. I kept thinking to myself 'I will meet her when I get over this SA'. But I still haven't overcome it. We were close for 8 years but about 2 years ago she met some guy and the mails and calls and texts starting drying up. We no longer contact each other, we didn't end in bad terms whatsoever but she clearly was so in love with this guy and she totally lost interest in me. How I miss her! : (

So to answer your question, I think it can work but you have to meet the person regularly. It is the same with friendships from a distance, usually if rarely see the person you will drift apart.

I'd much rather be in a relationship with the right person who lives miles away than be with the wrong person who lives next-door!
- Ohh Cheeky ;)

& I think a long distance relationship can work, but it takes hard work, but worth it in the end, IMO.

mads

I believe you have to meet up with the person regularly for it to work it.

I am meeting up with one in March (she lives abroad) and if it goes well then great and if it doesnt, I just see it as an experience if life. Some times you just have to take some chances.

206Raider

I seen a few people on here before say the've gotten married and everything from LDR so I say anything is possible. If it feels right, pursue it. It never hurts to try, you can only regret things if you don't try. I believe they can work and believe that it will.

Pink_Paula

I seen a few people on here before say the've gotten married and everything from LDR so I say anything is possible. If it feels right, pursue it. It never hurts to try, you can only regret things if you don't try. I believe they can work and believe that it will.

That's exactly how i feel, you never know if that person will be "the one" and you will always regret not trying and be wondering what if? It's a scary thing to do, but if you try and make the effort then they definitely can work.