Will antidepressants help my loneliness and improve shyness?

sevenroses

Well I did take paxil years back it doesn't do anything with loneliness but it somewhat works for social anxiety and making you feel more talkative. Basically takes 6 weeks to kick in.

That's why I was just asking, more of a rhetorical question. I should have added that I feel pressured to go on medication from a counselor and a family member. After so many years of not wanting to, I now feel more helpless and am becoming more desperate for any kind of help.

Give it a try and see how it goes. It may help yu with some depressive thoughts, maybe some anxiety. But it will not help with loneliness.

Ecclesiastes

To rephrase my question, will medication allow me to not just talk without caring, but have meaningful conversations (even though I don't think I may not know what to talk about) which could lead to creating relationships?

I don't think it will help in those ways that you've mentioned.. I've taken them for a period of time in the past. You have to take them regularly to see a gradual effect, and it only helps to make you feel less depressed. I don't think any pharmaceutical companies have made any discovery of such..

The only way to lead yourself to creating relationships with people is to open up yourself I guess. After all, relationship is something mutual.