why the f*** cant i talk????

jordo

i'm getting sooo frustrated not being able to express correctly what i want to say. :x

i was talking to someone about something and i didnt finish what i was going to say so i appeared desparate lol grrrr. it was like telling a joke without delivering the punch line :roll:. it took me 2 yrs to start talking to her again and we talked 6 times in the last month. and now i think shes avoiding me. dam sa! i cant put together more than 3 words at a time it seems. and i have so many thoughts in my head...my mind goes blank. :oops: i know i should practice talking to people so when these rare occurances happen i'll be ready but my sa stops me.

can anyone relate?

nico82

I feel totally the same way. Alot of my sentences either come out weird or people can't hear me so I always have to repeat myself. I have alot that I want to say but sometimes I feel like what's the point :?

Richey

I was grilled recently at a party, everyone had to say a joke around a circle of fifteen or so people, everyone had a funny story to say and i couldn't think of anything and blatently said "sorry can i sit this one out" anyway at the end people started mocking me for being no fun ....

stuff like that happens all the time, i recently ran into an old friend and i just couldnt string a proper coherent relaxed sentence together because i was perplexed by the encounter. ...

it just takes practice and self confidence, thats all you can do to improve and move forwards, not always easy

bitingthepea

exactly the same!
im always like it.. i get so nervous im too busy thinking about what i sound like i miix my words up and my sentences and generally talk to quiet!
i feel like theres something wrong with me as i dont no anyone else that does it friend wise

Satine

I used to do this.

The best way around it - for me at least, maybe it'll work for others here too - is to already have an idea of the point you want to make before you open your mouth.

The problem comes when you have too many ideas that you want to put across in one go - each one interrupts the other too much so you get confused. So talk (a bit) like an advert: have one, simple point you want to make, and make it.

You might well find that your point comes out far easier that way.