Why not suicide?

Walk

BashfulDoll said:
no1 said:
why not suicide? because everyone is raised believing that suicide is a sin, or that you are giving up on life, etc. I think a human being has every damn right to commit suicide if it is done in honor and integrity.

couldn't have said it better myself. why continue to suffer everyday of your life till you eventually die? just cuz someone will miss you? to me THATS selfish

It depends on the context.

If you have younger siblings, and you commit suicide, you're a selfish asshole. Simple.

It's difficult to say when suicide is ok, but generally speaking, it is pretty selfish and cowardly. Only if you have a disease that makes you suffer daily is it ok I believe.

There are so many people that would benefit from anyone's help out there. I don't know why someone would kill themselves before helping others in more pain. I'd do that before committing suicide.

Patrick123

I have a hard time believing that suicide is an act of cowardice; it takes some serious balls to take your own life.

After my own near-death experience, though, I do believe that it is an incredibly selfish act. To hurt so many people -family and friends- is cruel. Alas, when one is suicidal, it is difficult to think about anything but one's OWN feelings -depression and anxiety, it seems to me, have the ability to put someone in a dillusional state.

Patrick123

I have a hard time believing that suicide is an act of cowardice; it takes some serious balls to take your own life.

After my own near-death experience, though, I do believe that it is an incredibly selfish act. To hurt so many people -family and friends- is cruel. Alas, when one is suicidal, it is difficult to think about anything but one's OWN feelings -depression and anxiety, it seems to me, have the ability to put someone in a dillusional state.

marciaX3

i've known ppl who have lost people to suicide and it was devastating for them, no argument there. it really is hard for the people left behind to deal w/ the loss of someone in their life who killed themselves. that said, i can't say i would tell another suicidal person that they shouldn't kill themselves. i myself am also very suicidal and it's always one of the first options i think of when life has kicked the crap outta me. when i'm talking to someone who is considering suicide as their option, i don't tell them not to do it. i simply offer my understanding of what it's like to be in that kind of mind state b/c i know all too well. for some people, life really is not worth living and i understand their reasons for wanting to die. all i can do is hope for them that they are able to find peace whether it's through choosing to live or die.

Patrick123

And you're a moron.

Seriously, what's up with people who don't have constructive things to say? Most of the threads on this site contain serious conversations. You're the wuss for kicking people while they're down...

Neph

Patrick123 said:
And you're a moron.

Seriously, what's up with people who don't have constructive things to say? Most of the threads on this site contain serious conversations. You're the wuss for kicking people while they're down...

wow fuck you

suicide doesnt solve anything and it never did

unless you had some type of terminal disease which causes excrutiating pain or in some situation where it is ultimatly deemed nessesary (ex:hostage situation but what are the chances?)

but suicide in any other situation in my opinion means that you have admitted defeat, i bet those people that might have added to your situation are laughing at you while your digging your own grave mopping around in your negativity

life is about fighting your way back to the top when you've hit rock bottom, using anything that is nesesary

no1

Banned
whenever I think of suicide I think of alleviating other people's pain because if I'm still here causing problems I'd rather disappear so no one had to deal with me.

but Im kinda scared to commit suicide. I'd have to actually go "crazy" for me to consider it and I'd need a painless way also like maybe with a gun (which I have to buy first) etc. UNless I am that crazy to the point of not caring about any pain ie being dulled to the point. I have nerves you know..

if you think I'm thinkin like a victim or martyr well shit happens for a "reason" you know.

I most likely won't try to commit suicide (I wouldn't try anyway), as I said earlier, so don't worry.

I would usually thin that most don't care even if they tell me because at that point I would be kind of selfish to the point of being dull, that I don't believe them or think their opinions are kind of worthless just as my life.

I dont want to encourage anyone to do it I'm just bein honest about how I have felt when I felt like I wanted to commit suicide.

bleach

Banned
quote="Neph"
-----
but suicide in any other situation in my opinion means that you have admitted defeat, i bet those people that might have added to your situation are laughing at you while your digging your own grave mopping around in your negativity
-----

If someone cares about you, they aren't going to laugh at you for being in pain. They would have to be sadists to have that reaction. And why should anyone care what a sadist thinks? Should I live to please people that find joy in my suffering?

-----
life is about fighting your way back to the top when you've hit rock bottom, using anything that is nesesary
-----

'The top' of what - life? What do you do once you reach the top, anyway? Do you 'win' life? Do you live forever? Are all your problems solved permanently?

I can only assume you've been emotional scarred by suicide in the past, and that is why you react so hatefully. Maybe you should seek therapy for yourself because despising people for being depressed cannot be healthy.

Re: Really?

Patrick123 said:
AngelusNovus,

I think it's quite obvious that I did not, in fact, commit suicide.

And please, don't label me a coward; depression and anxiety are serious illnesses which have the ability to displace any sort of logic or compassion which a person would normally possess. While it's apparent that I've lost my grip on my own emotional retention, it's quite clear that you have no idea what you're talking about.

To have possessed such an astounding amount of narcotics (ativan and ambien), one would have to have seen a psychiatrist, or have one hell of a drug dealer. I was prescribed my medication by the former. It's not as simple as you seem to believe; medication and counseling aren't a panacea.

It has been my understanding that this was a forum for venting and networking. I didn't post my initial message for sympathy; I was confused and looking for some bit of understanding.

It's not my intention to be an asshole, but I would appreciate it if you didn't try to berate me with pseudo philosophy and references to your posting name -which clearly indicate your own illusions of grandeur.

Trust me; you're not as smart as you think you are...

Thanks, though, to everybody else for the help!!!

No, you are not a coward (you did not go through with it). Suicide and depression are serious problems, that's why I advice anyone with these feelings and emotions to seek help. The reference to my name on here was just advice, if you were being serious about suicide. Not out to berate you or anyone, just thoughts and proverbs to inspire you to think otherwise (next time I just won't give advice then). I'll go on being stupid then and not try to help people on here or give what I think could be good advice?

Anyways, the rules state:

3. The following posts may be edited, removed, moved or split, at the discretion of the moderators:
- offensive
- repeated
- purposefully disruptive
- cross postings
- obscene
- spam
- posts referring to illegal drugs or suicide

(My own cursive and underlining)

And I'm sorry, but suicide IS an act of cowardice (to anyone who should think otherwise) (can't believe some are half-saying its okay to commit suicide...it's never okay!)

Patrick123

eh

To each his own, I guess...

I happen to believe that it's not okay for someone to make decisions about life and death for another person -unless previously designated, of course. Until you can provide evidence to affirm that you're beliefs are more than dogmatic (that is, how, exactly, is suicide wrong and why is it wrong?), doesn't it seem sensible to act in favor of personal liberty? Life is the quintessential possession; it's the sole thing to which a person has an inate right.