Why are there so many time wasting morons on sites like Kijiji?

I've been trying to sell a pair of Nike shoes for $15 because I need the money. So far, I've had 6 reply's since Friday and not one of them followed through or had the decency to let me know they're not interested anymore. Sometimes I wonder if these are just trolls. So far....

First person said they were going to come, I waited 40 minutes and they never showed up or answered any of my emails asking why they were a no show.

Second person asked if they were still available. I said yes and they never responded back.

Third and fourth person were exactly the same as person #2....

Fifth person said they were very interested, asked for my address and when I told them, they never responded back

Sixth person said he was going to come today. I told him I was going to email him an hour before to see if he's still coming. As expected, he never responded. I also tried calling him and he rejected the call. :facepalm:

Is this just how people are now a days? You''d think at least one of these idiots would either say they're not interested anymore or at least buy the damn shoes if they took the time to respond to the ad...

S_Spartan

You know, I can totally see this happening in this day and age. Makes you wonder why on earth they would even take the energy to initiate?!

Maybe online shopping carts have people spoiled because they can just put items in there and forget them without ever paying.

You know, we beat ourselves up here for being socially awkward but there are A LOT of people out there now who seem like they are living in some totally other realm of reality.

Sacrament

Maybe you live far enough that they don't want to drive all the way there just to get a pair of shoes? Maybe that's why they stop replying.