whos vegetarian out of interest?????

Septor

cLavain said:
One thing that annoys me is that many people are rather selective when it comes to which animals are worth fighting for. You hear a lot of screaming about seals and whales, but few ever objects to the killing of snakes, frogs or sharks. As in human relations, it helps to be cute and pretty! :( :x

I a lot of people are hypocritical when it come to what animal are worth fighting for.I lot of people don't care about animal if it isn't cut and fuzzy.I lot people find snake,frogs and sharks as repulsive so they go down the list of animal that should be save and animal that should not.Everyone want to save the cute fuzzy little snow seal but something like sea cows don't matter as much and you don't hear as many people complaining about them be killed or injure by being torn up by sea craft engine or crushed canal locks .

I didn't realize there was so many vegetarians here but good for you.I respect people that stand up for there belief even though there belief are in the minority and I understand the thinking behind being one.I must likely could not stop eating meat I like it to much but there that lot of bad thing that happen in the meat industry on the whole that need to be stop.I wonder how many people would eat veal if they realize just what happens in the processes.To make the veal.

blight

What difference does it make?

I used to be vegetarian and i still agree that it is cruel and unnecessary to kill animals for food. But seriously with the meat industry as it is today, what difference would it make for me to eat meat or not eat meat? It's not like literally one less animal would get killed.

In general I really admire vegetarians and if I thought if it would really help put an end to the practice of eating meat, I would become a full-fledged vegan. Yeah you could say the argument, that "if everyone thought this way, then no social movements would get anywhere", but the fact is not everyone (or anywhere close) does sympathize with vegetarians. So as much as I like the *idea* of it, I can't help think that it doesn't matter. Maybe that makes me a nialist, not sure...

blight said:
What difference does it make?

I used to be vegetarian and i still agree that it is cruel and unnecessary to kill animals for food. But seriously with the meat industry as it is today, what difference would it make for me to eat meat or not eat meat? It's not like literally one less animal would get killed.

In general I really admire vegetarians and if I thought if it would really help put an end to the practice of eating meat, I would become a full-fledged vegan. Yeah you could say the argument, that "if everyone thought this way, then no social movements would get anywhere", but the fact is not everyone (or anywhere close) does sympathize with vegetarians. So as much as I like the *idea* of it, I can't help think that it doesn't matter. Maybe that makes me a nialist, not sure...

I guess it depends on the reasons why someone becomes vegetarian, I'm vegetarian because the idea of putting a dead animal into my mouth disgusts me, I know that trying to make enough people become vegetarians to help animals is not realistic, of course I hope it happens one day, but I'm hardly holding my breath lol.

maggie

i'm vegetarian...vegan actually....i do it for the animal rights reasons...environmental reasons....but also for the health benefits...in my own life....i don't judge others for eating meat....but always have an extra veggie burger around in case others want to try one 8) ....also i find....i am criticized or misunderstood sometimes on my reasoning or my decision to not eat meat....i'm teased about it quite a bit...and my parents and siblings.....and people at work...don't really seem to understand that all nutritional needs can be met easily on a meatless diet...and i get lots of protein from other ways....frustrates me cause they think vegetarian means you're a weirdo or a freak or something :evil:

Human_Being

I eat meat. Surely if cows etc weren't meant to be eaten, God wouldn't have made them so darn tasty and nutritious..

Shewolf

i kind of "fell" into a vegetarian lifestyle, it wasn't that hard to omit the meat, and i had always wanted to be vegetarian anyway. Though i also did it for health and animal rights. I'm pretty much against milk too, #1 because it tastes horrible and veal is made from the male calfs of dairy cows.