whos vegetarian out of interest?????

pitkreet

Cassie said:
Plus...People Suck, Animals Rule :D

Yeah, like all those lions that go around killing innocent zebra, wildebeest, warthogs, impala and gazelle.

And that pretty little robin in your back garden...guess what he had for lunch? Poor little worms, spiders, beetles.

pitkreet said:
Cassie said:
Plus...People Suck, Animals Rule :D

Yeah, like all those lions that go around killing innocent zebra, wildebeest, warthogs, impala and gazelle.

And that pretty little robin in your back garden...guess what he had for lunch? Poor little worms, spiders, beetles.

We're supposed to be more 'sophisticated' and 'intelligent' than animals, and therefore more understanding of the fact that we can survive without brutally killing animals. Unlike animals we have shops and supermarkets where all kinds of food can be bought, not just meat, whereas animals have to fight for their food.

pitkreet

Some animals are widely regarded as being highly intelligent and use this intelligence to trap their prey.

Yup, like dolphins, I'm not sure what else they could eat other than fish ect? Sea weed is hardly going to sustain them, and they can't just nip to the shop and buy a veggie alternative :p

If you don't want to be vegetarian that's your choice, I do want to be, and that's my choice, everyone has the right to make their own decisions.

corrinaelizabeth

plus animals dont have a choice do they when they die?what right have we got to take there life from them?im a veggie coz of the way they are kept,transported and slaughtered ive also been since high school,it was my eng teacher that turned me lol she was a veggie and taught us about how they r killed and bull fighting ewwwww

forgetit

I also don't agree with the way they are killed and with the evil deeds they do to them just for fun . . . this creates so much tension and fear that their meat becomes all poisoned with so many toxic stuff.

Apart from that, I'm all for eating animals . . . like I said before, we always have to kill some form of life in order to survive.

The greatest problem in my point of view, is that of overpopulation. There are so many people in this world (6 bilions) . . . don't you agree?

pitkreet

crazyfairyx said:
If you don't want to be vegetarian that's your choice, I do want to be, and that's my choice, everyone has the right to make their own decisions.

Definitely.

And people should be allowed to make their decision with being labelled as barbaric or murderers, particularly by people wearing leather shoes.

Boundless

I'll admit,i love eating meat,pork,beef,chicken,fish.I was raised to eat meat,even if i wanted to stop what else would i eat? i cant stand veg,im a very fussy eater.Does that make me a bad person? because i enjoy eating meat? because it tastes nice and i dislike veg? meat may mean the death of an animal but it means the survival of another,1 animal can feed many people and sustain there lives.

we may have evolved to a point where we no longer need to eat meat,but its hard coded into alot of us and its not easy to change that.

pitkreet said:
crazyfairyx said:

Definitely.

And people should be allowed to make their decision with being labelled as barbaric or murderers, particularly by people wearing leather shoes.

Well seen as how I've never called anyone barbaric or a murderer, and I don't wear leather shoes, I'm glad I don't meet your criteria.

However, your expectations to not be harrassed for your beliefs are slightly hypocritical, as you have made mocking remarks on this thread about vegetarians. And this thread was asking who here is a vegetarian, it didn't say 'please come here and tell vegetarians why they shouldn't refrain from eating meat'.

pitkreet

Sorry, exactly where did I say vegetarians should eat meat or mock them?

There are posts in this thread using words such as barbaric and murder in relation to meat eaters, so I put things in the context that the animal kingdom, of which human beings are part, is full of animals, many seen as loveable and cuddly, that spend their days eating meat, yet they are not seen as barbaric or murderous.

I have nothing at all against vegetarianism (indeed, I used to be a vegetarian), but I do object to the attitude that some vegetarians adopt towards other people.

Danfalc

Banned
I defiantley dont like the ways animals are treated (thats sometimes just as bad as the way they end up getting killed) or killed.. well mass slaughtered :( . but i gotta admit i like my meat too much.. and dont have a stable enough eating pattern to start with but i guess i dont feel that strongly enough otherwise i would be a vegetarian.So i kinda admire the people who actualy give up meat.. (not those who just coincedently dont like it lol).

Fur is even worse... thats one thing we really have no use for anymore... yeah one could argue.. that we dont actualy need meat,but is already been said everyones entitled to there own opinion.. And this topic is getting touchy and argumentative already.. :(

You're veggie or you're not, where's the argument? Some people think it's cruel to kill animals for food, some don't. As far as I can tell this thread was about someone trying to find like minded people, not for a debate.

cLavain

I can definitely understand why people don't want to eat animals, but I just can't stop eating meat myself. That someone can cut out meat for extended periods is impressive! In the future perhaps we can just grow meat in meat farms?

The first battle I think is to stop unnecessary cruelty, like killing for fur or sport.

One thing that annoys me is that many people are rather selective when it comes to which animals are worth fighting for. You hear a lot of screaming about seals and whales, but few ever objects to the killing of snakes, frogs or sharks. As in human relations, it helps to be cute and pretty! :( :x

Danfalc said:
crazyfairyx said:
You're veggie or you're not, where's the argument? Some people think it's cruel to kill animals for food, some don't. As far as I can tell this thread was about someone trying to find like minded people, not for a debate.

Not being funny but your the one who was having an argument about it not me... i wasnt debating anything... just speaking my opinion which i think im entitled to.

Lol, sorry that wasn't directed to you at all. Should have been more clear, but I'm just using this thread as a distraction from college work, whether or not people are veggies or not is completely up to the individual.

Danfalc said:
I did think what did i say?? lol np.. sorry for jumping to conclusions.

Hehe that's cool, I should have quoted who I was replying to, but I was thinking about other stuff at the time :p