Who wants to date a depressed agorophobe?

EscapeArtist

Just wondering, those of you who have boyfriends or girlfriends or have even had dates who you confided in, how do people treat you around your agorophobia or depression?

Also wondering if anybody has had any bad experiences, I mean I'd like to not have a bias here :)

The whole stigma that I am "emotionally troubled" or whatever sometimes makes me feel like it's a big write-off to anybody who would be interested. There are tons of people in happy relationships who have these problems, so I'm looking for some reassurance that people are more understanding than I take them for.

I don't feel like my issues are that bad, I mean when I have friends that take me out i'm fine. It's just the isolation that brings me down and I'm partly assuming that would slightly change with a relationship, yet I still see myself as having problems simply because of where I'm at when I'm alone for long period of time.

Share away pretty please!

MotherWolff

Banned
Well, I have told my boyfriend that I do group therapy and that I go out to places to deal with my "mental state," but I haven't straight up told him that I suffer from depression yet. I don't tell him because I don't think he would like me anymore. I don't really say it because I don't want to make him sad. Like smiles, I believe that frowns are also contagious like some mundane disease.

I have yet to let him know that I do indead suffer from depression, SA, and even pica. o_O

Supernova

Who wants to date a fat, depressed agoraphobe with 0 life experiences, no friends, no job, no hope. I know it could be worse though.

planemo

well being an agoraphobe, makes it highly unlikely that i'll ever meet anyone who might like me in the first place. if anyone knew of my isolation and depression and anxiety issues, unless they're someone going through something similar, i think it's virtually impossible for someone not to feel utterly disgusted by it. that's just how people better off respond, i think.

lauraa517

I hate this so much. I just blew a ton of money like 20 minutes ago on a stupid dating site that won't lessen my loneliness. Being depressed, agoraphobic and a lesbian is a really difficult combination. I just want someone to talk to but I don't know where to start.