Who here has accepted themselves

OneOh1

I can't seem to accept and learn to love myself for who I am.
I want to know how other people forced themselves to think this way.
It really feels impossible for me.

EscapeArtist

I have just begun to accept myself. I am not fully there. If you're interested, track down the threads I made called "Sharing my epiphany" and "sharing my epiphany 2". I explained in detail how I began to accept myself

agoraphobickatie

i guess i accept 50% of myself..? basically, i understand that i have anxiety, and agoraphobia, depression, etc etc.. i've learned that dwelling on it or being upset about won't do anything at all.. i'm fine with my issues, i guess they make me who i am. i'm a pretty open person so i don't really hold that stuff back.. i like my personality and my attitude towards things.. not to sound stuck up, but that's pretty much the only part of me that i'm confident in... when it comes to the "outside", that's what i don't accept, and pretty much what i hate about myself.. my looks/height/size, etc etc.. i don't know if i'll ever accept how i look, i think i'll just have to change how i look to be happy with it, by exercising and eating right for once in my life.... the thing is, i have zero discipline, so no matter how much i hate myself, it's extremely difficult to make myself go work out =/ i'm a pain in my ass! lol.... blah

KiaKaha

Banned
I think I am OK as a person. There are things about myself that I value and take pride in for example I am not a jerk or arrogant and I try to be helpful to others which I like. But as for actually loving myself, and accepting myself... I cant.... I think I have these standards that I see in other people that I don't have that I believe would make me a worthwhile person such as good looks or being popular and charming...or being powerful. These things shouldnt matter really, and I actually resent people a little who are like that...it just seems if you are these things, then life is a little easier. At the risk of sounding like a total hypocrite I prefer modesty and humility... and I pay more attention to the weak and the overlooked...and even the shy....

Last edited: