Who Else would be willing to Post Their Anxiety Attack Experiences on the Net

AnxietyDave

I recently posted my own anxiety attack story on the internet for all to see and read, I found this very liberating and therapeutic. I feel it has given me a freedom which I never had before as it has put it out in the open and it is no longer something which I need to shy away from or try to hide.

Now it feels like I can be myself and it is easier to admit that I have a problem with anxiety and panic and no longer need to overcompensate in order to make up for the short fallings which I might have felt I had.

I am not sure if this would work for everyone, but it has been very liberating for me.

Hey Dave,

Glad to hear that that has worked out so well for you. I can relate that posting such personal things even on the internet can be liberating.

I have tried meditation myself, but I find that I am just naturally too much of a "thinker" - thus I am not able to get to a calm enough state constantly enough. I accept this fact and try other techniques to help me relax. I definately recommend meditation to anyone that wants to feel more calm. Just google "meditation" and you should get some good results :)

I read your story and it's very sad but inspirational :). Keep trying man, hope you're able to be 100% anxiety free someday!

AnxietyDave

Thanks for your reply EasySkankin2,

As I said in my story, I also found it difficult to meditate at the time due to the state of mind I was in, it was thanks to the help of the Bagha that I have been able to get back into the right state of mind.

I hope you enjoyed my story and were able to understand where I was coming from. I hope all is well with you today and thank you once again for your input.