Which Treatment Option Is Most Effective?

JayHender

Hey guys this is my first post here!

A little bit about me I am a teenager, I have Hyberhidrisos, dyslexia and dyspraxia!

I would say I have quite bad HH. I struggle to write things on paper as I leave big puddles on the page. My hands littery constantly sweat no matter the temperature. I have wasted my saxophone with my hands as the sweat on my hands reacts with the gold quoting. I love building things but can't cos of my hands as I just break things. I avoid all human contact as people will think I am a freak more than they already do. People of all ages comment about my hands right Infront of my face it can be very embarrassing. I struggle to use my touch phone as it can't pick up my finger did to the sweat. I have also managed to get a problem called shoedermatitise which make my feet very Ichy caused by my HH. I don't like people watching me either as they will see my sweaty hands. I have to make so many excuses and yeh people see through them now we are older! I also at times struggle to grip my pen as my hands just slip when using it

Over the past year or so I have been being "treated" for my HH I have found no solution or powder effective. Sure it works for maybe an hour the next day but after using both for a while I am seeing no improvement.
I am due to go to a doctor in a week to see what other treatment I may try instead. Of course there is the operation but the risks are too great in my eyes. I would like to try the tablet course as it does seem to be better than blocking the pores. Instead the tablets turn off the sweating glans while there is a risk it seems worth it?

I am sick of HH as I am sure most others are do any advice on how to deal with it would be super!
Just to be clear the question I am asking is what treatment works best as I know many people are sort of cured from HH.

Last edited:

Sprawling

Sorry you are suffering. We offer lots of suggestions on how to treat your hands ionopheresis being one of several options. I suggest yo start reading as many back posts as you can. This will give you an education. When you have questions, feel free to ask.

ImNotMyIllness

Thank you I watched this and it looks good I may try it out!

...Also, soaking in sage tea bags helps a lot! But, that can get a little expensive if you're on a very tight budget. Google it.
First, try the iontophoresis. Do it every day for two and a half weeks. I did it for 30 minutes a day, switching polarities and adding salt like she did in the video(I do about 30 shakes in each aluminum container).