when you ask someone and he doesn't respond to you ?

ikbenrifi

Ahh, i can't stand that ! it happens to me with a friend lately, when i ask him a question, just to have a simple conversation, he doesn't answer me, and don't even look at me ?! pretending he didn't hear me !
my question is why he is doing it ? is it because he hate talking to me ? or what ?
can any of you relate to this ? i need your advices

Your question may have put him into deep thought. Allow some processing time before an answer. I once had someone answer me the next day, they spoke as if the conversation had not stopped.

The other thing is to check that they actually did hear you, they didn't have ear phones in? :rolleyes:

eggpod

There's a girl at work that does this to me (and others) from time to time. It's really annoying but I think some people just switch off their ears and choose not to listen when they are in a particular frame of mind.

ikbenrifi

Your question may have put him into deep thought. Allow some processing time before an answer. I once had someone answer me the next day, they spoke as if the conversation had not stopped.

The other thing is to check that they actually did hear you, they didn't have ear phones in? :rolleyes:

No, i meant ordinary questions, that don't need much thinking !
But what you said is totally right, sometimes it's the case, i quickly interpret this time, which maybe a processing time, as a rejection to me. Obviously due to my iron confidence! :D

Lea

Banned
He probably thinks what you're saying is BS, not worth answering, or can't relate to that. I usually take the effort to reply, unless the people are bothering me and I want to get rid of them.

Remus

Staff member
maybe he's a daydreamer, I switch off and daydream, sometimes I need prodding to get attention :D