When will it end?

SilentGirl

All my life I've struggled to see the 'good' side of life. Grew up poor. Couldn't keep friends in school. Left school early to start working. Shacked up with a boyfriend from hell. Relationship failed (surprise surprise). Spent a year as a single gal, made ONE friend, partied, had a blast. Met a guy, had a blast with said guy. Found out ONE & only friend was sleeping with my guy. Add a dash of stress at work & ended up taking one too many tablets. Ended up in hospital. Had to speak to hospital psychiatrist (probably the worst 5 minutes of my life). Ended up marrying before mentioned guy!!! That fake marriage went on for 4 years. Still stuck in a job I hate. Still have no friends. When does the 'bright' side of life start? I've tried imagining it, but every time I do things just seem to get worse.

selon

:( :/ do you have a hard time talking to people? Or do you work so much that you don't have time to go out and meet someone new?

coyote

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

For me, at least, the "bright side" is all those other moments that aren't the dark ones.

jaim38

I suggest practicing mindfulness. Set aside some time in your day for meditation. Maybe you can gain some insight from this.

SilentGirl

:( :/ do you have a hard time talking to people? Or do you work so much that you don't have time to go out and meet someone new?

I tend to be shy when meeting new people. I can never think of anything interesting to say & tend to lose interest in whatever the other person is saying.

selon

My problem used to be that I never knew what to say, always thinking whatever I'd say wouldnt be interesting anyway. Then I had a heart to heart with a girl I met after moving to a new town, and when I told her how I felt she couldn't believe it and said that based on our interaction she would have never expected me to have such a hard time talking to people.
Maybe you're also not doing as bad as you think. And if you lose interest in what the other person's telling you it might just be a sign that this person is not someone you'd want to hang out with. My situation improved a lot once I started meeting people that share some of my interests (such as a book club), maybe you could give sth like that a try?

Baz2013

I had a similar story. Well I gave up the job. Moved. Even doh money was tight.
Changed my number, cloths, even the car. Now I Havant looked back or gone back
Unless I visit my parents. Iv a new circle of friends. And my past is past. The only regret
Is I left it this long to go