When did you find out about SA?

jryden

I found out that there's an actual name for how I am just this yr. So for yearssssss, I thought I was just shy.
Ughh, I wish I knew about this pre-High school. I could have asked for help (probably not lol) or atleast be concious of the problem I have and work around it.

laure15

I didn't know the actual name for this disorder (SA) until a few months ago. I googled something like "scared of people" and websites dealing with SA and SP popped up. That was when I know.

Before that, I was in denial; I had social problems but thought other people were the problem, not me.

I've known for a little over 2 years. Had a pretty bad spout of depression that affected my sophomore school year grades significantly. I champed through though. Spent quite a bit of time searching about my problem and found a bunch of forums, this one was one of them. So I've been here for about 2 years, just haven't created an account until just recently.

HappySquidward

I've been very shy since I was a child, and though that eventually I would just grow out of it. It wasn't until I realized my anxiety never started getting better and that I had never had friends or any social life. I knew there had to be something wrong with me, so a few searches later I found out about SA.