When a loved one dies...

Lowlight

...do you feel bad because the person will no longer get to enjoy life, or do you feel bad because your life will be less fun without them?

mmmm

I don't feel bad. I feel sad but I don't think it's bad to feel sad. (I sound like Dr Seuss).

To answer your question, I sometimes find it confusing to figure out what to put in the gap that person left (usually I just fill it with chocolate) and I feel compassion for their loved ones but I don't feel bad for the dead person at all.

(You wouldn't believe how much I had to edit this post out of fear of being judged but the final product pretty much sums up how I feel)

coyote

when my loved ones died

i think i felt bad because i felt as though i hadn't shared with them everything i wanted to share

and because in losing them, i lost a little bit of who i was

Dead_on_Arrival

I feel bad they can't enjoy life but also I feel bad because I fear there is nothing there after death for them. I struggle with the thought of nothingness. I don't believe I will see the loved ones I have lost in another life, but thats just me, I don't speak for all. Each to their own faith. I believe we live to procreate to ensure the survival of our species but for what purpose when human existance will one day die out anyway.

My mind sucks with the way it thinks without my consent.......

Neither

I predominantly feel guilt for all the times that I didn't make the effort to say what will now always be unsaid or do, what will now always be undone. Ultimately I feel sad that I didn't enrich their life more and I didn't give as much as I could but I took all that they had.

Neither

I predominantly feel guilt for all the times that I didn't make the effort to say what will now always be unsaid or do, what will now always be undone. Ultimately I feel sad that I didn't enrich their life more and I didn't give as much as I could but I took all that they had.

^I feel exactly the same.

WeirdyMcGee

I feel guilty that I was never able to make my grandfather proud.
I was expecting him to at least be around to see me get out of this depression - to see me be 'cured' of agoraphobia for a second time.
But the last time he saw me was when I was sitting by his hospital bed with a blank expression- crying. Always crying.