whats the point of trying.

aloneloner

my problems keep getting worse as I get older..nothing helps it, its getting harder to just keep on living..whats the point of even trying to be happy when I have no one to share it with..the bullys have won, now what? I need something to live for..maybe this is just the lonliness but I want someone to fall in love with, and for them to love me aswell..
I cant get my mind off of this, I feel like I should forget the lonlyness feelings for now and try to focus on/improve myself but I'm not sure what to focus on..
then again maybe thats a bad idea and I should try to focus on being more social with people..I met this girl recently that seems to like me, she told me she has ptsd, depression, and has attempted suicide before, we had a small conversation on fb..I'm lost on what to do now tho, I would like to at least be friends with her but.. I guess I dont know how to be a friend :sad:

sorry for the long post..it literally took my 30 mins to type this much lol

springk

You can talk to her more and try to know more about her and let her know more about you. I feel communication is the key to friendship. Also, you can meet for coffee or go see a movie together.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
dont give up mate.
I've been in a long term relationship for many years, but am now single. It gets terribly lonely, so i can understand how you feel.
Having someone to share life's up's and down's makes life a much richer and fulfilling experience for many of us.
You will need to expand your searching for that special someone to more than just online interactions though. Online can work, don't get me wrong. But you really do limit yourself, and friendships formed online usually have barriers, such as distance between you both.

One of the best places to look to form friendships, is with people who understand how you feel. SA support groups. It wont be easy of course, but some things you just have to put in effort for. And I believe finding good friends, even one is worth that effort.
Good luck :)

Argentum

I don't think it's ever too late to learn new things about friendships or make new friends. Anything that helps you feel you're still growing and discovering should be good for you.