What would you choose between those two options

da_illest101

This is work related, both jobs are call center, customer services and full time and I restart school on august 27, that means I'll quit the job regardless of the one I have.

Option one: a job that pays 14$ an hour, that you already started last monday, that only had 2 days of training and that you already spent two days taking calls. There isn't a large amount of calls you can wait 15 -45 mins or so between each calls, but they can last easily between 10 to 20 mins. You can watch the Olympics at the same time you work and people talks to you, but not all the time.

option two: the job pays 9.90, you will start next week, the training is 5 weeks, that means there is no way in hell you'll take a call before restarting school.

Key factors: you truly hate taking calls, but really hates it. You a lot of debts and the difference between both jobs would be 400- 600$. You might get fired of option one job because no matter how much you try, you still cannot give a crap about the job.

da_illest101

I would say option two would be kind of like stealing money.

well it's illegal for them to not pay you for the training, but it's not illegal for you to drop out of the training. I would say it's more lying than anything else since they ask you if you gonna return to school or not. Yea I get really low when I don't want to take calls, but need the cash

Last edited:

paperie

I'd do option 1, more money and actually taking calls might be a good experience and you never know what you'll learn (even if it sucks :p)