What the hell

stardog

I have this weird problem, when I drink I feel great for a while then get horribly depressed like 3 hours later, for no reason. This as happened nearly every time I been drunk, I don't know why the hell it is. There's no way of snapping out of it, and it gets gradually worse and worse (sometimes til I'm bordering suicidal) till eventually i go to sleep, I feel ok the next day. I'm pretty sure this isnt a normal side effect of getting drunk

can anyone relate?? or is it just me

Waybuloo

stardog said:
I have this weird problem, when I drink I feel great for a while then get horribly depressed like 3 hours later, for no reason. This as happened nearly every time I been drunk, I don't know why the hell it is. There's no way of snapping out of it, and it gets gradually worse and worse (sometimes til I'm bordering suicidal) till eventually i go to sleep, I feel ok the next day. I'm pretty sure this isnt a normal side effect of getting drunk

can anyone relate?? or is it just me

u'r initial euphoria might be becos the alcohol allows u to relax a bit in a social situation. But alcohol heightens ur emotions and feelings, so maybe if u've been feeling depressed deep down it makes u focus on it. just a suggestion but may not be accurate cause i'm not sure how u felt before u drank.

shovelhead

Alcohol is pretty well known to cause depression.. Unfortunately often people drink when depressed, vicious cycle...

And, to answer your question, yes, I can get depressed to if I drink too much too..

jojosparkles

i have stopped drinking cos alcohol makes me that bad! i used to hav a few for some dutch courage but a few led to many and then i would drink to the point where i didnt know where i was, wat i was doin and sometimes even to the point that i couldnt walk or speak.
most of the time i would end up doin or sayin things i never meant, end up fightin, or waking up with a gulity sick feeling and not even knowing why because i couldnt remember night before..that is until i heard stories and could have died in shame.
new year was the worst. i went to my sis boyf family party. i got mortal drunk, started arguin, ended up smashin a vase by accident, was sick and then had a massive arguement with my family where i was cryin and shoutin. i ended up storming off by myself with no money and no way home! the next mornin i wouldnt even get up i felt so ashamed!!
for the first few hours ya may feel on top of the world but then i think that ya feel so depressed that it werent worth it in the first place!! xxx

I quit drinking cause it makes my social phobia and fears much worse once it wears off. Thats because alcohol raises serotonin levels and then they drop real low after the alcohol wears off. This can cause suicidal thoughts, depression, and tons of other things.

heres some info on what alcohol does to you.

Alcohol can temporarily raise mood enhancing chemical levels like those of serotonin, this is how it can improve mood, but in excess alcohol makes these serotonin levels fall and lowers mood, increasing depression.

heres the full link>>> http://stresshelp.tripod.com/id13.html

Septor

Alcohol is depressant.You pay for those hours you feel like your happy and sooner or later.It will catch up with you.It's just to bad people don't figure that out until its to late and they spiral out of control and down in to addiction or worse.

Personally the stuff always just made me more depressed and I could never handle the taste.