What supplements do you take for depression?

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I don't take any 'supplements' to help treat my depression.

But I do know that eating a balanced diet and getting exercise is beneficial. There is no magic bullet.. yet.

Something-Vague

I am not diagnosed with depression and I am by no means a doctor, so take what I say with a grain of salt and seek medical advice. However, I know of supplements that have been said to help according to some studies and that I know worked for other people I know.

1. Omega 3
2. Vitamin D
3. Magnesium

Janey

I am not diagnosed with depression and I am by no means a doctor, so take what I say with a grain of salt and seek medical advice. However, I know of supplements that have been said to help according to some studies and that I know worked for other people I know.

1. Omega 3
2. Vitamin D
3. Magnesium

Which ones?

I am not sure how much good they are doing but I am currently taking a multivitamin (https://www.wildnutrition.com/all-products/food-grown-daily-multi-nutrient-w) and an omega 3 capsule from microalgae (Algae Omega 3 - 200mg DHA – nothingfishy).

I haven't started taking Vitamin D yet, is there a specific product or dosage you would recommend?

Last edited:

grapevine

Ive been taking very high doses of vitamin D every 3 or 2nd day.

I take cold pressed hempseed oil and avocado oil for my omega 3/6/9

I have been juicing for 4 months now- but I am going to increase that to a whole new level because my depression has gotten out of hand-

the best juice I have found is beetroot juice - juicing a whole beetroot with cucumber an an apple and some kale- it gives me a boost and studies have shown that it helps with cognitive function.

But I think getting a whole heap of nutrients into your body via juicing a whole heap could really help and that is what I am going to try in between my meals.

Also there has been some recent studies on taking tumeric either in the powder form or juicing the root. They say it can be just as powerful as prozac. So eat lots of curries.

Also I take Brewer's yeast- its very high in the B vitamins including B12. So it boosts your energy and downs your stress.

Odo

Banned
I take a multivitamin and fish oil but recently I have added a cereal extract that has massive doses of B vitamin in it, and it's really doing the trick. I mean, my spirits are up, my brain feels sharp and my anxiety levels are minimal... I'm pretty sure it's because of that.

I've also started running 4k 2 or 3 times a week after a long period of indolence.

S_Spartan

I'm about to start Magnesium. Anyone have experience with that?

I bought a bottle on the clearance rack at Target and now I'm hoping it's not the fake stuff. Didn't think about that until after I bought it.

Louco

I take a multivitamin and fish oil but recently I have added a cereal extract that has massive doses of B vitamin in it, and it's really doing the trick. I mean, my spirits are up, my brain feels sharp and my anxiety levels are minimal... I'm pretty sure it's because of that.

I've also started running 4k 2 or 3 times a week after a long period of indolence.

Awesome. I'm in desperate need of a change like this.