What sex do you find worse?

KevVversion1

I am a 28 year old man but due to lack of contact with other men over the years find it almost impossible to communicate with them unless I am drunk. I am usually fine with girls as I am ok with the way I look so dont feel like they think I'm ugly.... also I have been brought up with just my mum and sister so I understand women pretty well... I would say I'm not a very manly man either, in the way I talk and no body hair etc... so I find it hard to get accepted in any group of males as I feel completly inferior... my dad left at 12 and havent seen him since and I have had no sustained adult contact with any male... maybe Ive turned into a women I dont know... well at least I know im straight thank god otherwise Id have no chance lol... I think I could survive without ever having male friends as I see myself as a family man in the future.... although it would be nice and also if I got a job I would find getting on with men the hardest as I feel they judge me as a man and I cant live up to what they expect a man to be etc... weird I know but I would be interested if any other males feel the same or what sex they find harder to chat to and why?

Boundless

I find it hard talking to both altho its harder to talk to males for me as i have little to say to them :? i also just feel more comfortable talking to females i guess..

Fredscars

females i think. Not good considering i go to an all girls school 8O
but ahwell.
I think im worse with females cos i compare myself to them, and women on the whole are the hell of alot more bitchy. Something thats been painfully obvious recently is that men dont seem to hold grudges whereas girls most definately do.

FaymeLevy

Hmm...for me, it's complicated. I don't usually get along with other females, have more in common with the males. However, I have some psychological issues of mistrust of males, so I feel uncomfortable around them....that makes me very lonely. LOL :)

Chilling__Echo

girls. they notice body language and stuff, they try to read people more. ever heard the phrase, "girls dress up for other girls"? its so true...

KevVversion1

I think deep down I know that if people knew the truth then most men would think what a wimp etc... whereas girls are more likely to be sympathetic to the situation as they are naturally more sensetive. It's probably all in my head but that is the way I think.... I think girls might think "ah he's quite sweet and harmless" whereas I think men will think "what a pussy he's probably gay"

maggie

i definitely notice where i am...women to be way more judgemental than men....the girls i work with and customers also...seem to notice and make it obvious...my weird quirks...and my uncomfortableness :roll:

KevVversion1

People who draw attention to it are plain evil I mean what is the point in saying "god your quiet arent you?"....I KNOW YOU IDIOT NOW LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!!!

maggie

KevVversion1 said:
People who draw attention to it are plain evil I mean what is the point in saying "god your quiet arent you?"....I KNOW YOU IDIOT NOW LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!!!
i agree KevVversion1....sorry if i'm being repetitive...i've told you guys this before...but one time this loud woman customer says to me at work..."You have the voice of a quiet little mouse....I can hardly hear you!!!" ..of course i didn't even have a response....it really pissed me off :evil:

magda74

For me it's not so much about gender as it is age groups. I tend to be more comfortable with women a bit older than me and I'm ok with most guys unless I find them really attractive, then it's terrible. I'll end up saying or doing the most stupid things and turn into a klutz. :lol: Walking past a construction site or any large gathering of males intimidates me too.

Yeah, and what is up with people who insist on pointing out the painfully obvious? I get the whole "you're quiet like a church mouse". These people always feel the need to say this really loud and involve as many people as possible.

ShyCrow

I find talking to men the hardest, i'm always so terrified that i'll be accused of fancying them or flirting, or go bright red and give the wrong impression or something. Pathetic isn't it?!? Strangely, if I do fancy a guy and he's obviously good looking it's not so hard....weird?

ShyCrow

I find talking to men the hardest, i'm always so terrified that i'll be accused of fancying them or flirting, or go bright red and give the wrong impression or something. Pathetic isn't it?!? Strangely, if I do fancy a guy and he's obviously good looking it's not so hard....weird?

Skyla

im more uncomfortable around men. i cant really look them in they eye because i feel like they're always judging the way you look, comparing you to other girls etc.
im also scared ill come across as if i fancy them or have some attraction for them. i dont really know how men and woman can be friends. especially those that are attractive.

Fredscars

I always find men a lot more forgiving/ less concerned.
When i hang around with some of the guys i know, you do something stupid (of which i do alot) they might laugh or look at me wierdly for 10minutes, but after that its not mentioned again.
Girls, its brought up again, and again and again, and referred to for ages/held against me for ages.
Men are so much easier to get on with imo.

renegade

I find it a lot harder to talk to the opposite sex. The more attractive the girl is, the more frightened i became, if i like her, then i'm tottaly anxious.

Online is the other way around...i find it very easy to talk to girls :lol:

The_9th_passenger

KevVversion1 said:
I am a 28 year old man but due to lack of contact with other men over the years find it almost impossible to communicate with them unless I am drunk. I am usually fine with girls as I am ok with the way I look so dont feel like they think I'm ugly.... also I have been brought up with just my mum and sister so I understand women pretty well... I would say I'm not a very manly man either, in the way I talk and no body hair etc... so I find it hard to get accepted in any group of males as I feel completly inferior... my dad left at 12 and havent seen him since and I have had no sustained adult contact with any male... maybe Ive turned into a women I dont know... well at least I know im straight thank god otherwise Id have no chance lol... I think I could survive without ever having male friends as I see myself as a family man in the future.... although it would be nice and also if I got a job I would find getting on with men the hardest as I feel they judge me as a man and I cant live up to what they expect a man to be etc... weird I know but I would be interested if any other males feel the same or what sex they find harder to chat to and why?

Hey man that's exactly the same that happens to me! weird!

Almost the same!! My father died on a car crash when I was 18 and I have been at home with my mother and my sister. And -same as you said- I am almost unable to mantain any kind of contact with most human males. I hate most of them and I hate "macho"guys and all their stupid "macho" ways. On tha other hand I love and enjoy women no way and feel really comfortable with them in spite of being quite ugly and being quite insecure. I'm also 100% sure of being straight and so I like women so much it makes me crazy :oops: but even that makes me feel allright when I'm with women ya know I enjoy them.
On the other hand lets say just 5% of male can be my friends and they've got to be really special people. The rest of guys are just shit for me and I'm not able to stand just 5 minutes with them.
I too feel like being very girl-like :oops: I feel as at least 40% of me is female i just don't know ...but one thing I know for sure is that I like girls and not men so I'm not gay at all.

DazedNConfused

With me, it's not really a matter of what gender, but the role the person plays in my life (attractive girl, boss, ect)

If they have a potential effect on my emotions or wallet, then I worry I'll do the wrong thing, piss them off, and then either my emotions (with women im attracted to), or wallet (upper management) will be negatively affected.

I'm not as intimidated as I used to be (each day gets better then the last, with the exception of a few undesirable "valleys")

If it's a complete stranger out in public (thats not a girl I would like to get to know), then Im pretty comfortable and can be pretty talkative.

Thats why I need to work on removing that trigger of fear, the one that was primed way back in childhood.