what`s your opinian about celexa (citalopram)in treatment of ocd?

who try it or who know abenefit about it...please write your opinian here
thanks..

SAYC

I am on Celexa (not generic!) 60 mg once a day for 6 years and it has been excellent for me. The only negative side effects for me are:

1. slower thinking (but I guess that is what it is for-to decrease or stop all the OCD noise going on all the time in my head)
2. maybe sometimes makes me not care enough about things- I think I may let things slide a bit more (but it's nice not to be so anxious and uptight)
3. increased sweating
4 occasional tingling or skin crawling in patches anywhere on my body but mainly forearms and scalp

Positive side effects:

1. good control of the obsessions; not total control but it put me in a place where I could work with a therapist and now I live by the 80/20 rule-if I am OK 80% of the time I am "normal" and doing well; if OCD gets around 10 percent I know I need to rest, eat better, take care of myself-if I get near 20%, I better be seeing my therapist.
2. better relationships because I feel a lot better about myself
3. I have a better sex life; my OCD was often directed at loved ones and interfered with relaxing during sex and with orgasms. Now it is awesome.
4. I can talk in front of crowds and give speeches

This is my experience. It was hard the first 6 months as I adapted to the meds and started getting the thoughts under control. I am happy to stay on it for life. I do need to have my heart rhythm checked yearly because there was a link this year between citalopram and heart problems but my therapist thinks it is mainly due to the generic form.

maybmental2

who try it or who know abenefit about it...please write your opinian here
thanks..

Well, Myself I started taking it to boost my energy level umm I don't know about it working for OCD. In my case some of my OCD is a matter of changing how I think and veiw certain thoughts and I am doing that in therapy which seems to be working for me. And by the way I am taking 60mg once a day along with 25 mg of Doxepin once a day.