What kind of support-group do you have?

lyricalliaisons

I love Robert Frost; he's one of my favorite poets. I've never read that poem, though. Or at least I can't remember it.

As for your question....

I don't have one. I've met people on-line & have talked to them through comments & such, but that's not the same at all. I wish I were able to find some sort-of support group in real life-- in my area specializing in AP, SA, & SP, but there aren't any. Even if there were, I don't have any insurance.....

I'd be petrified to go to a meeting & I'm sure a lot of others would too, but I think it would be worth it to meet others who may be at least somewhat like me.

Azahara

Replay

I usually visited my phychiatrist once a month (He follows my progress and prescribes me pills, and phychologist´s sessions. I go to my phychologist once a week.
And I´m waiting for a phone call to join a therapy group to work self-steem and social phobia.

Good luck! :wink:

Skog

I have none.

Two and half years ago, I disclosed my problem to two people at work. I was sure they would be supportive and I was looking forward to improving with that support. They don't want to talk about or acknowledge the issue. They interact with me fine for work purposes, but they only want to be friendly acquaintances, not friends.

It has made me feel worse.

lettypagb

i'm readin a book
i'm gonna try to order meds tomorrow
peer counselin at school

i'm much better than 3 weeks ago.