what is your opinion on people that make these sorts of statements

onehandclapping

I have seen people make statements that are similar to "never trust the opinion of people that are taking medication" or "don't take seriously the thoughts of someone that has mental health problems."

do you think this is right? or is this wrong in your eyes? do you believe that there is an element of truth in this sort of thing and maybe things should be judged on a case by case basis. or do you see this as some form of discrimination and generalisation?

Sacrament

Depends on the mental problems in question. If you have schizophrenia, it's harder to assume 100% of what you say is legit (amongst other disorders). I don't really see GAD and so on as mental disorders, unless they seriously distort reality past the whole "everyone's judging me, etc" thing.

It's important to have a mind of your own and have your own, rational idea of what's logic and what doesn't make any sense, and take that as a starting point.

dannyboy65

I've dealt with stuff like this before I got my right pills I was hearing voices. I opened up to a girl that I was dating for 6 months. She dumped me on the spot because she thought I was going to kill her because of the stereotype.

In my opinion it sucks because I know for one I couldn't hurt a fly.