what is your best books to overcome social phobia and anxiety ?

I'm not sure hiding behind the book is the best idea :) I think we should talk to people and socialize instead, these books don't have any magical formulas, they only tell us what we want to hear but other people can also do that by praising and motivating us with compliments so we can get more self-esteem :) and face people with more confidence

anxiety1408

I'm not sure hiding behind the book is the best idea :) I think we should talk to people and socialize instead, these books don't have any magical formulas, they only tell us what we want to hear but other people can also do that by praising and motivating us with compliments so we can get more self-esteem :) and face people with more confidence

True to an extent, But we shouldn't get more self esteem via peoples compliments ^^ like they say, when you believe them when they tell you how much they rock, then you'l believe them when they tell you how much you suck. You shouldn't let anyones positive or negative comments affect you just take it in as feedback.

exactly then we get :p dependant on their opinion... I don't read much unfortunately so I really can't say, but perhaps someone with a solid philosophy of life? event-hough we should all develop ours,

Nowadays I'm immune to compliments anyway :p usually when people give me one it's because they expect something back, say a ride home or something

anxiety1408

exactly then we get :p dependant on their opinion... I don't read much unfortunately so I really can't say, but perhaps someone with a solid philosophy of life? event-hough we should all develop ours,

Nowadays I'm immune to compliments anyway :p usually when people give me one it's because they expect something back, say a ride home or something

Yup thats it we always become dependant on others opinions and might even go doing things searching for a positive opinion of another, Im a bit different I take compliments and it makes me feel great so obviously that means I also take in negative comments and let it affect me.. Im too dependant on others opinions and I need to work on that because its not going to do me any good..

But that's a good trait since you are concerned about what others think of you, hehe just accept the nice comments then :D sometimes when somebody says something about us, that may seem offensive to us but to that person that would be a compliment x)

anxiety1408

But that's a good trait since you are concerned about what others think of you, hehe just accept the nice comments then :D sometimes when somebody says something about us, that may seem offensive to us but to that person that would be a compliment x)

lol But the thing is it becomes a problem when you are concerned about what others think about you more than what you feel/think, lol It couldn;t work like that taking in all the nice comments ::p: Because your taking others opinions to be meaningful to you and make yourself out of it, whether its positive or negative is another matter ;) True sometimes people don't mean things in the way we take them in...

first we need to respect ourselves and see good traits that we praise and are glad to have we need to be autonomous in what concerns self-esteem :p if we depend on someone to realize we're worth something then we're doing something wrong.

anxiety1408

first we need to respect ourselves and see good traits that we praise and are glad to have we need to be autonomous in what concerns self-esteem :p if we depend on someone to realize we're worth something then we're doing something wrong.

Yeah thats it, Its self esteem, We have to know our good traits/like ourself/ believe in ourself first than peoples negative opinions can be seen from a different perspective and have less an effect if any..

We all need to develop a giant ego like my dad, even-though he's an obnoxious creature, he thinks very highly of himself xD he really overshadows my little realistic ego

anxiety1408

We all need to develop a giant ego like my dad, even-though he's an obnoxious creature, he thinks very highly of himself xD he really overshadows my little realistic ego

haha we need to work on our self esteem, I want to be confident/feel confident but not be big headed thats a turn off for me lol

Kato

This one only helps you smile.

You+Are+Worthless.jpg

good suggestion Kato :p the title doesn't motivate me to read it though haha :D I feel like hitting the mother****er who wrote it without knowing what it's about xD

Kato

good suggestion Kato :p the title doesn't motivate me to read it though haha :D I feel like hitting the mother****er who wrote it without knowing what it's about xD

The reading would only be for taking a lighter look at ourselves and having a good laugh at our human experience.
Certainly not to be taken seriously.::p: