What is this nut?!?!

Draconess25

tumblr_inline_mwnftlLOxE1srz7at.jpg

What is this nut?! I need to know what this nut is! My friend says it’s a hazelnut but this ain’t no hazelnut! What is it?!?!

I though it was a chestnut but chestnuts aren’t as wrinkly, and I think they're smaller, and they’re more oval, and they have like a seam going around them. This is just wrinkly all over, with like little nubs at the top and bottom.

I need to know what this nut it!!!! D:

Draconess25

Quandong? the image isn't very clear which makes it hard

2006-02d.jpg

No....But to clarify the picture (I really do suck at photography), it DOES look kinda like that. Kinda. They both don't have seams. But that looks a little more bumpy than wrinkly. And this nut is a darker brown, about as big as a golf ball, with a tiny little point at the bottom like an acorn.

littlegrrr

Looks like meatwad. If it wasnt filtered to heck and back it might look like some kind of nut:)

When it comes to pics without faces a google image search can be helpful...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silatuyok

Also, black walnuts typically are found with a fleshy "hull" around it, which will not have a seam. Have you tried breaking it apart?
(I'm intrigued by the mystery nut, in case you couldn't tell.)

Draconess25

Also, black walnuts typically are found with a fleshy "hull" around it, which will not have a seam. Have you tried breaking it apart?
(I'm intrigued by the mystery nut, in case you couldn't tell.)

I suck at taking pictures. Dx My hands shake and I don't have a decent camera.

My friend found it on her dryer. Maybe it's a dryer nut. xD But I don't wanna break it open cause it feels special. I'm kinda weird when it comes to this stuff, and I feel like I'll eventually know the time and place to plant it. ._. Maybe it's the only one of it's kind or something....

Bronson99

Speaking of nuts, anyone got some betel nuts handy...? Preferably wrapped in a leaf and sprinkled with lime? :bigsmile: