What happened to me?

DekKO

I was taking a trip to the past today and I was thinking about my old girlfriend. I remember at one point in our relationship I was going to her house to meet her parents. I wasn't nervous at all and to tell you the truth I was really looking forward to it. I wasn't thinking about the negatives like what if they don't like me or something like that. Now if I had to do something like that I would be dreading it for weeks and I would throw up a lot. I ended up not going because I failed a test in Math and my mom wouldn't let me go and I was really disappointed whereas now I would be so glad that it that I didn't have to go. What happened to me? I know it's probably the negative thinking but my mind always goes there automatically.

Damaged

Yeah your defo right, it is the negative thinking because once that starts you start to worry inside your head even if you don't actually think negative things. (I hope that makes sense haha)
It is hard to get back to the positive way of thinking and think 'mind over matter' but it does help a lot if you start even if its just tiny steps.

staticreflex

Did those negative feelings develop over time? I mean did you not have SA back when you were with the old girlfriend.

jamez

You gone soft.

It seems like **** that happens in the world ends up affecting you. We end up getting more fearful and scared. Just remember your thoughts make up your inner world. And it is possible to still control what you feel and think.

AnxietyDave

This is the problem with social phobia, the minute it has its claws in you and you choose not to do anything about it, the more it feeds on you and the worse it gets. The only way to overcome this is to recognize that the problem is getting worse and to take definite positive steps to address and overcome it.

Hope this helps a bit and all the best in finding ways to overcome it.