What Does This Mean?

About a month ago, I was sitting in class and I heard a VERY popular girl say, "everybody hates me." She clearly just wanted attention, and that just set me off. Of course I never actually did anything but inside my head I was ranting to myself about how this girl had no idea at all about what she had just said. I thought to myself if only she DID know what it was like to have no friends. I finally snapped out of it and looked at the clock, I had been doing this for 15 minutes!This was startling to me because I realized that I was becoming very angry just because I was thinking realy hard. I find that I've been doing this sort of thing more frequently, and I was wondering. Does anybody else find themselves doing this? If so, do you feel bad about it, as I sometimes do?

Last edited:

wabristol

I do that all the time, my mind is constantly wandering, sometimes i'll be watching a film and start thinking about something different and then realise i barely payed any attention for the entire film, in conversations with people i drift off and they get abit annoyed when they realise i haven't been listening to thme for the last ten minutes. I often find myself doing a task like cooking or cleaning and then just go do something else without realisng it so one minute i'm washing up and then the next minute i realise i'm watching some video on my phone or something, lots of people do what you do.

mrb

yea at work start thinking about something it goes on for half hour or so , quite intence sometimes

Fairy001

Yes, I think when I am engaged internally, usually negatively. I am sure the ugliness of the "popular" girl will be seen soon! Try and talk about these feelings, avoid emotional isolation.

Peace

nephatitus

i would have played along with it inside my head and answer

"yes, yes we all very much hate you and now lets get back to work"

recluse

I'll be watching a film o'r listening to music and the plot o'r lyrics don't sink in fully because i start thinking about something else, so my brain has to cope with all kinds of stuff at the same time. It's a horrible feeling.

redlady

I have been completely lost in my thoughts at times. I hate when people who know you see you like this and assume that you are ignoring/snubbing them. I become aware of them at some stage, but by that point it is too late. They have already formed their very firm belief that you are a snob and you don't like them and that is the end of that. It shits me that 'normal' people seem to be so intolerant of anything other than 'normality'.