What do you want out of life?

Falcon

What do you want out of life tomorrow? 1 year from today? 10 years from today? Overall?

What do you see as the biggest obstacles or challenges you'll need to solve to get what you want?

Richey

i just dont want to fall into the trap of the 9-5 office job, i want to immerse myself into art and literature and i dont want to stay idle, thats the trap of modern culture, the conditioning of our fore-fathers is so disturbing to me of how men are supposed to act and how women are seen as a lesser equality in the workforce, also i want enjoy waking up in the morning with a sense of purpose and ambition, thats something i haven't had in years, and i miss that the most, my dream is so far away from the cliched lifestyle of the boring job with the wife and kids and the big house and a double garage before retiring and rotting in a retirement home, i want to live a truly artistic existance musically and expressively in general, money is not a huge priority and certainly isnt my main goal, i just want to build up my persona and feel atease with my thoughts, comfortable with myself

LA-girl

I'm pretty much there I guess... I rent a nice apartment, I have a part time job as a graphic designer which I have stayed in for one and a half year now :D
I don't think I want kids for myself, although I love my nieses and nephews. However I really want a dog or two in a couple of years! :lol:
First I want to travel and see some more of this planet...

loucat

i want to travel,be spontaneous and generally enjoy life

i want to experience new things and not be held back by worries of how i'll be perceived, will i look stupid etc

i want to live my life for me with no regrets, live for today not tomorrow, lots of wants!!

i am slowly achieving some of this, just need to speed it up a bit!!

blubs

I'd like to be respected....for anything about myself or my life.
Instead of feeling generally dismissed.
I'd like to be a woman of substance :) ...instead of feeling floaty light...
I'm not sure what I mean...but I mean what I say...

insomniac

i want to be content, i wanna be happy, i want to be a good person, i'd like to enjoy and look forward to each and everyday, and have someone to share my happiness with. also to live fairly comfortable financially speaking

Nie

There is nothing I still want in my life anymore.
Except to sleep deeply & forever.

longlivesolitude

i just dont want to fall into the trap of the 9-5 office job, i want to immerse myself into art and literature and i dont want to stay idle, thats the trap of modern culture, the conditioning of our fore-fathers is so disturbing to me of how men are supposed to act and how women are seen as a lesser equality in the workforce, also i want enjoy waking up in the morning with a sense of purpose and ambition, thats something i haven't had in years, and i miss that the most, my dream is so far away from the cliched lifestyle of the boring job with the wife and kids and the big house and a double garage before retiring and rotting in a retirement home, i want to live a truly artistic existance musically and expressively in general, money is not a huge priority and certainly isnt my main goal, i just want to build up my persona and feel atease with my thoughts, comfortable with myself

Yep yep. That's how I want to live. It all seems kind of possible.. the big obstacle is the trouble being with other people - anyhow I want to try to make the most of my life even though I might not go partying or not enjoying the time with others as much. Hm.. Self-discipline and patience that's how I hope to get a super joyful life :D

LA-girl

I see that some people here are attracted to the thougt of getting much money. Well maybe I'm not normal, but the desire for money is something I've never had. (I do not criticize people who do!) But I've known for a long time that if I ever would get large amount of money, I would get unhappy. Don't get me wrong here i do not want to be without money either. I guess not too much, not too little works best for me. :wink:

IceLad

I want to make the most of everyday and have no regrets.

I want to find my soul mate, and experience contentment with every aspect of my life- relationships, friends, family, career, surroundings and hobbies.

Quixote

I would like to have a couple of good friends. Intelligent, sensitive, and that I can trust. That's all, anything else is more or less meaningless for me.

I doubt that such people (yes, there are some around) would ever want to spend a lot of their time in my company, though.

Rainman

I want a life :lol:

What I want from life? Well, I think I have a lot going for me. I don't look half bad, I am reasonably fit, I am quite smart and intelligent and sensible and have many skills and most importantly, I have loved ones and some friends.

Yet, despite this, I still can feel inadequate and inept. What is causing this, is that painful level of self-consciousness and irrational fear. If I can do away with that, there is no one, but myself, who can stop me from being the best and truly self-actualizing.

If I had confidence and motivation, I would prosper in my life. So what I want is confidence and motivation, and I already know that for that to happen, I will need to beat my anxiety and learn confidence and motivation through cultivation of these skills.

I don't actually want anything external. I just want to be a more complete and independent person on the inside.

triceratops

I dont belive ill ever beat my social anxiety so ive just accepted that ill always have it and because of it it gives me a lot of dertermination to be sucessful to achive the things i want in life and experiance what i want to experiance. I see other people who dont have social anxiety who are confident, are capable of handling any situation and could be who ever they want but they have shit jobs. no motivation and it seems like a waste which makes me even more determined. compared to a lot of other sa people a lot of them on this site ive aready achived quite a lot. ive learnt a lot of lessons and realised how important people are. I belive ill be where i wanna be in ten years.

In my eyes ive aready won :D

GreenFloyd

I want a wife and children. I want satisfaction in what I decide to do with my life and the decisions I make.

I've got a long way to go...

Heartbeat

At the end of my life which I expect to be a long long time away (even though some days I'd like to shorten it) I would like to have learnt whatever big lesson this difficult life is trying to teach me.

I'm going to live to 110 (I need the time I'm pretty late already), I'm going to fulfil my creative potential, and I will help other people with SA.

When I'm that really old little lady lying on my deathbed I'll feel proud I didn't let this crippling fear stop me forever.

There.

Septor

Just really simple stuff.To be happy with my self to have girl friend ,a successful career and a couple good friends.Everything after that is optional.

Easer said then down though :(

jayfan

i want money . just chill all day and have fun while not having a job.not realistic at all.

realistically- work a full-time job -not living paycheck to paycheck and just be financially secure and anything else is butter.

newshyguy

yea

if i could make a wish or something, it would have to be something internal rather than external (like someone said it above) ... i mean whats good of wanting money if you cant truly enjoy it with someone, whats good a job if u live miserably everyday, whats good of wanting a girl, if you cant keep her

i want to be more of myself like i once was, free of anxiety and self-consicousness and everything else that ties me down

when i fanally get this, that's a wrap, i be going to places i wanted to go , experiencing things i want to experience and unknown to me, meeting new people . and saying whatver the hell i want to say to anybody, doing and experiencing new things ,feeling whatver way i feel

well once i got that, i wana get the job im looking for as a civil engineer, of course i want money, i mean after all we live in America, i wana have a couple of businesses and make investments together with my brother and sister, i dont wana see nobody worrying about money and shit, i wana see my parents happy by paying all their debts (you know happy in the financial side of life), i dont want love really, im happy with a girlfriend, or just friend girls, of course i want my peeps with me and we be chillin from then on - thats all i want from life