What do you really want?

richkid

Reading up on things trying to understand the whole socail phiobia thing hasn't cleared anything up for me I feel indifferent. It has however given me a chance to look at things differnetlly and with some understanding of how to cope.

The strange thing is that I've allaways persued to be a confident outgoing persons. trying so hard and focusing on how I was always wasn't as good as the next person made me feel worthless. I withdrew, which we all know makes it worse.

Now though i'm left wondering what it is I really want, which is good in a way. I don't what to be the quite one that misses out because i'm to scared to give it ago. In the same way I don't want to be the most confidenent peson and try to be a prefectionist.

All I want to be is myself, and I don't know what that is. This is the hadest problem to solve. Not how to think poistively, or what meds will work best etc. The one thing that entails more than just how you behave and think is being true to who you are.

I don't want to be the best, the most confident, i want to be the best at what i choose to be, and of my best ability.

What do you really want?

2QuietForThem

Just a good friend to hang out with. Right now I have no one and do everything alone. I’d like to buy 2 or more tickets for an event instead of 1. I want to discuss a movie with someone right after seeing it. I want to say to someone, “Let’s get together and …” instead of thinking, “OK, I’ll go do whatever”. I would say that I want to eat lunch with people, but I’ve gotten too attached to my Washington Post newspaper over the years. I want a good friend to yank that newspaper away from me.

JJenny

What I want and fortunately am doing well presently at achieving it is.........to totally accept everything at any given time. I've learned that it is the only way to change and move out of where I was, by acceptance otherwise resistance, and countless other emotions keep me in the self imposed prison of pain. So it's kind of like 'let it be' and see what miracles take place :)
I'm kind of considering reaching out to others in my area cos there must be tons of socially phobic yet articulate interesting people living behind closed doors who really want desperately to have some social interaction which is safe for them. I am thinking about how to go about starting a support group (in real life) and coaxing people out of their holes. So what I want is to help others just as much as I want to help myself and help to normalise these states of anguish so many are in, and bring things to light so people don't have to hide anymore. One day :) Peace & Love & Understanding xxxx

allanboy

Live in the US or anywhere else on Europe. Just want to get the hell outta here, and this people.

Or have my girl by my side, away from that wretched school.

veryshy

I just want a purpose. I dont have a job, my cars broke down, no friends, I live in the middle of nowhere, it would take me a day to walk anywhere, theres no bus or taxi service. Im broke and taco bell wouldnt even hire me.

maggie

what i want?....mainly to feel more "normal" in that i could go about the normal tasks in life without feeling like an outcast,.... and without having my words get all choked up in my throat..... like, maybe...go to work...go to college....walk into the bank..yikes 8O ...go to the doctor...go the the health food store...pick up groceries....talk to people...without feeling so uncomfortable..and without having that stupid "bewildered" look about me... :roll:

Vincent

Banned
what a boy wants...

I want to laugh more.

To hear myself laughing, a full hearty laugh is testiment to social confidence.

Kalima

I want to accept the things I can't change, change the things I can change and gain the power to know the difference. That's all I ask...I want to LIVE, love and really be loved without feeling like I have to enclose myself in a wall so that no one can hurt me.

blubs

I'd just like my life to be a lot more full of everything.
Fun, laughter, people, work, friends.
I'd like to not have any time that I have to think about filling up.

Joszax

Ultimately, I want to have a life which I can look back to at my moment of death and honestly believe I lived a good meaningful, and hopefully interesting, life.

Hopefully, nostalga wouldn't interfer either.

4myself

I want to be able to help people instead of being a burden and I want to make people happy instead of dragging them down with me.

Oli025

a purpose

having my days full of stuff to do

laughing everyday

complicity with 1 or more friends

Uglyduckling

friends, to be happy, to feel like I have a purpose, to continue my education, to have a job, to have a real career, to move out of mom and dad's house

renegade

I don't want money, an expensive car, a 2 floor house with pool and tons of women, I don't want fame, glory, or celebrity. I don't want power over people to manipulate and use them.

I just want a normal life. Is that too much to ask?. I want friends, a girlfriend. I want people enjoying my companion and considering me an interesting person that they want to hang out and feel confortable with. I think that if you do have this, all other thing would't matter no more. That is all I want.

I have money wright now, not much, but more than others, I have a house, 2 loving parents, i had no problems with school, i had no health problems, if i tell anyboy this they would say : what i woldn't give to be like you ? if they knew...

Like Sheakspeare said, when you will have friends sorrounding you, then you will know you are the richest person in the world. (hope my memory serves me wright)

triceratops

I actully have what I want but due to my social anxiety i'm fucking it up badly but I suppose I want what everyone want's to be free of social anxiety to not have to pretend i'm confident and to actully be confident. If I wasn't constantly fighting with myself over my social anxiety I don't think there is a limit as to what I could do.

Life is one big game spilt into three difficulty level's easy, medium and hard we were chosen to play it on hard :cry: