What could this be?

Starbuck

Hello, I was wondering if anyone might have any thoughts about what I might have... agoraphobia or social anxiety or something else or nothing.

I've been having trouble for a while now but it's getting worse. I'm pretty much unable to leave the house unless I really have to (i.e work, a 10 min walk away) and I am quite anxious and extremely self-conscious once outside. Other times I want to go out somewhere but I can't make myself leave due to anxiety/ fear. I also find myself stuck in my room when I know there are other people around in the house even though I have no particular reason to avoid anyone. I don't seem to feel comfortable around people anymore. I struggle in social situations especially with people I don't know/ don't know well. I find myself unable to speak (I'm shy/ quiet anyway). I can rarely answer the door or my phone. I get really uncomfortable when anyone is watching or looking at me.

I don't have panic attacks. I'm mostly ok at work which involves being around a lot of people.

I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts.

Ignace

Sounds like me. I only do leave the house for school, so I'm not in a complete isolation, but as good as. In a month school's done for 2 months, so 2 months no social contact. Other people of my age go out, work, spend it ... Well I'm sitting the whole day terrorising the net.:mad:

dooby-duck

They are not exclusive so you can have a combination. I know that I've got a combination of problems but don't quite know which. Then these things cover a spectrum from mild to severe.

I have only ever had a few panic attacks. I find work quite manageable now, but it did take me a long time to become comfortable there. It stops me from becoming a hermit really. I struggle with all the things you mention.