What can I do with no resources

slicknsly

I am 20 years old. In highschool I missed alot of days failed many classes. I use to have many associates and friends or people that want to hang out, but I feel more comfortable being alone now a days, though I wish I could have fun socializing I cant, at least with larger groups like anything over two people. I dread family get togethers and sitting at at a dinner table with other people face to face is one of my worst fears. On public transit my face twitches above my eyes, by my nose, and I generally have a hard time looking up or around besides out the window because I feel nervous or somthing. Now that I am in college I dont want to feel this way and want to be able to function and socialize 'normally'. I have taken hydrocodene to make me relax but it makes me not care and just stay quiet. I have taken 1mg of klonopin and it makes me actually enjoy socializing and I feel normal. I dont want to just go to a doctor and tell him to prescribe me that because they may think I am just full of sh*t and just want drugs. Maybe something else will work? What can I do? Should I see a doctor? Psychiatrist? any advice on how to go about this?

Krista

Hmm, if it's something you feel is severe enough where you think talking to the doctor about medication would be beneficial I would at least try it. Your options to getting over this are either to allow yourself to fully shrug this off, in a way and if you know you honestly don't have the will power to do it right now there's nothing wrong with asking for a little help.

You guys could devise a plan about maybe talking to someone too? Slowly you could become less dependent on needing something and you'll learn to do it on your own but this is natural. Just do what feels right.

I understand what you mean about the face twitching. In high school, having to give speeches was the worst possible thing I ever had to do. When I get nervous my mouth twitches and quivers, I can feel it and I feel like it's noticeable to everyone else. Like when you're about to cry while talking? That's my mouth in social situations, lol. Not so much anymore but I had to work really hard on it.

slicknsly

I think I should because somedays I dont go to school because of the nauseating feeling I get thinking about walking into class, participating and trying to work with other. I did terrible in highschool and missed waaaayyyy to many days. I didnt realize then why I just didnt feel like going and just wanted to lay in bed all day. Now I see I was depressed and didnt want to face anyone.

Yea face twitching is wierd.lol.
I remember the first class speech I gave in HS and afterwards a girl asked me why I looked like I was trying to keep an invisble hula hoop going behind the podium. I had no idea I was feet spread rocking side to side like a mad man. Thanks krista :)

Last edited:

Nack

Banned
Do you guys find yourself hearing this "flutter"/"shivering" in your words when you speak. I did a small speak a couple days ago in class and i sounded like that. The whole thing made me hella depressed, i came to class today and i was quiet.

slicknsly

Yea I know exactly what you mean nack. When that happens anytime now I become mad and speak louder and more aggressive to make sure they dont hear that quiver. But somedays its just really hard

Krista

Do you guys find yourself hearing this "flutter"/"shivering" in your words when you speak. I did a small speak a couple days ago in class and i sounded like that. The whole thing made me hella depressed, i came to class today and i was quiet.

I do too ::eek::

It certainly doesn't help the situation knowing that you're so anxious, where as now everyone else knows as well.

Krista

I think I should because somedays I dont go to school because of the nauseating feeling I get thinking about walking into class, participating and trying to work with other. I did terrible in highschool and missed waaaayyyy to many days. I didnt realize then why I just didnt feel like going and just wanted to lay in bed all day. Now I see I was depressed and didnt want to face anyone.

Yea face twitching is wierd.lol.
I remember the first class speach I gave in HS and afterwards a girl asked me why I looked like I was trying to keep an invisble hula hoop going behind the podium. I had no idea I was feet spread rocking side to side like a mad man. Thanks krista :)

Glad I could help in some way :)

As for the hula hoop, you just tell them that's how you roll ::p: