What an EVIL man Bill Gates is

Ignace

Hmm, didn't expect that. People should have respect for elderly people. Not going to give an opinion about grumpy/unthankfull,.. people.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
As far as picking teachers over elders dying, don't blame him blame money and it's control over life.

The other part...Hitler and the aryan race anyone?

Whychosis

When wealth becomes a bigger deal and worth than regard for human life, that's when you need to really step back and re-evaluate. Don't many criminals kill in the name of greed? Making it legal doesn't make it right. The elderly, if even bitter, serve the greatest example of what we can become when nearing our final years.

Preventing the end of a story ultimately renders a book worthless.

Ignace

As far as picking teachers over elders dying, don't blame him blame money and it's control over life.

The other part...Hitler and the aryan race anyone?

Do you mean its' not wrong because something worse happened in history ?

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Do you mean its' not wrong because something worse happened in history ?

No, I was making a comparison. Only wanting the "good" people to reproduce, putting money towards shots to make those less then perfect sterile. I'm not saying it's wrong or right, but I'm saying it very similar to the plan of a man who most people dislike.

Ignace

No, I was making a comparison. Only wanting the "good" people to reproduce, putting money towards shots to make those less then perfect sterile. I'm not saying it's wrong or right, but I'm saying it very similar to the plan of a man who most people dislike.

Oh a comparison, sorry. I interpretated it like you didn't care because Hitler was worse.:rolleyes:
OT: We can't be mad at him. It's not that this makes him a bad person. He gave millions to good causes.
(And he should, with all that money.)

JamieD

LOL. He invented Windows *sniggers*, we have nothing to worry about :p

Last edited:

Felgen

Alex Jones always takes stuff out of context. Bill Gates is getting old himself, by the way...

I guess I'm evil, as well, because I don't necessarily disagree with Gates.

The point at which I want to die is when I'm no longer physically or mentally capable of taking care of myself. Heck, maybe I wouldn't even take it that far. If I no longer have the faculties to enjoy any aspect of life then what exactly is the point of living? Sorry, but having to pop a dozen horse pills just so I can prolong my days of not being able to wipe my own butt doesn't sound like much of an existence to me.

But if the choice isn't yours to make? As in... let's say that for some reason, you want to live despite all that, but the government says that they will not give you any medical services...

Ignace

Well, if the person wants to pay for these services out of their own pocket (or their private insurance), then I don't see why the government should have any say in the matter. If someone wants to live to be a decrepit 100+ year-old and you have the means, then go for it.

But if you're talking about public tax dollars being used to prolong such a life, then no, I don't think that's right. I know our culture is obsessed with extending human life beyond what is (or should be) practical, but at some point, you have to put knee-jerk emotions aside and see the bigger picture. I'd rather save the life of one kid or help a hardworking family out of destitution vs extending the life by a few months or even a handful of years of a hundred or a thousand adults who have had the opportunity to live a full life.

I have to say I agree with this. But like said, if the elderly want to live even if they can't do anything or so, then they should get all possible help.

Well, if the person wants to pay for these services out of their own pocket (or their private insurance), then I don't see why the government should have any say in the matter. If someone wants to live to be a decrepit 100+ year-old and you have the means, then go for it.

I meant this...