What about my interests? :S

Daniel089

OK here's a little something that's stuck in my mind.

Tomorrow I'm going to ask from help from my parents' friend, gonna tell everything of my social phobia to her and she'll may recommend me a therapist. I think I can be open when talking bout my problems with her. But 1 thing is always stuck on my mind you might say I shouldn't be worry about it at all.
What kind of social activities are good for me that involves hanging out with people, what are my real interests? I keep asking myself that question and I can't really find an answer. Though I have some hobbies that I'm good at (PC games) that I like doing but I just suck at them (playing guitar), or just going swimming and on hiking.
I know I may leave this question to the future perhaps. Anyway there is 1 thing I plan doing for sure which includes fitting in among brand new people, which is aikido (a martial art). But other than that I don't have specific plans.
Or there is another possibility: when I'm gonna be more talkative and outgoing, I might be under others influence. Like if I see someone goes skiing regularly and his experiences affect me, then I'll say I might try out. Maybe I will and I'm gonna like it.
I know maybe its a lots of nonsense to you readers, but what do you think? I'm a bit confused... :S

Srijita52

Well if you want to learn martial art then go for it, its a great chance to be around others and also learn something. I'm not sure what my interests are either. Maybe you can try a variety of things and find out what you like. I agree, maybe a certain interest of someone will influence you and you'll find that you like it yourself.
But overall don't be too hard on yourself if you don't come up with an interest instantly. The more things you learn, the wider your interest will be.

Daniel089

I know what you saying, I have to be positive about it and patient, but I'm so negative and very impatient :mad::confused:

Gaucho

hey,

you wrote you are planning to go to aikido classes, that would already be a big step. once you do something in a group automatically other things surge, and maybe you will find new interests. the fist step is the most difficult and most important imo.
i say this and it sounds easy, but i know how difficult it is to start new thing and overcome the worries.

Daniel089

hey,

you wrote you are planning to go to aikido classes, that would already be a big step. once you do something in a group automatically other things surge, and maybe you will find new interests. the fist step is the most difficult and most important imo.
i say this and it sounds easy, but i know how difficult it is to start new thing and overcome the worries.

Thanks for your reply! I see your not a negative person at all! :)