Ways of dealing with stress

EscapeArtist

I need to call my school before 4 and i've been a total recluse lately, so it's taking a toll on my nerves. I automatically turn to food and booze at moments like this but I need some healthy alternatives to deal with the stress that's flooding me right now.

seafolly

My sister chose screaming into her pillow...I've never done that, I internalize. ;) Hopefully my little list of strictly-solo activities helps!

listening to music
watching your favourite movie or tv show
playing with pets
in times of anger, which is rare, a run around the block (this agoraphobic can't do that anymore)
writing it all out in a Word document then deleting it
video games
breathing <- yes that sounds silly. I mean breathing while being completely aware of the air filling your lungs and leaving them. Nothing fancy.
thinking of the worst case scenario and plotting about how you'd deal with it

Wow nothing on this list sounds original.

Pinciotti

I have a habit of eating and drinking too much too, but playing with my dogs always works for me. I used to be really depressed and sick all the time but after I got two dogs I haven't been sick at all (for 2 years!) and my mood is a lot more positive.
I hate exercise but sometimes listening to your favorite music while walking/jogging really does the trick.
I don't know if this helps.. :/

Masychefx2

Banned
i dont know when i get stressed i start getting cold shivers with cold sweat and my ears go bright red and hot and its like the worst feeling in the world

a hot bath or lieing down calms me a lil i suppose

My sister chose screaming into her pillow...I've never done that, I internalize. ;) Hopefully my little list of strictly-solo activities helps!

listening to music
watching your favourite movie or tv show
playing with pets
in times of anger, which is rare, a run around the block (this agoraphobic can't do that anymore)
writing it all out in a Word document then deleting it
video games
breathing <- yes that sounds silly. I mean breathing while being completely aware of the air filling your lungs and leaving them. Nothing fancy.
thinking of the worst case scenario and plotting about how you'd deal with it

Wow nothing on this list sounds original.

"wow nothing on this list sound soriginal"
a perfectionist, eh?
me too, me too :(
but nice to meet you :)

seafolly

"wow nothing on this list sound soriginal"
a perfectionist, eh?
me too, me too :(
but nice to meet you :)

I told ya! ;D I can't remember who called me out on using that word but it's true, darnit.

I'm not 100% you were talking to me but it's nice to meet you too! :)

LadyWench

I can think of a few things that have been quite effective for me in the past. Sadly, I don't do much of them now. I just kind of sulk, panic, be depressed, etc. If anything, I now feed into it. Ah well. But I have found the following rather helpful in some circumstances:

Exercise
Music
Positive/humorous movies
Getting out of the house and keeping yourself busy
Meditation
Medication (haha)
Death

bigrob

Working out, fight training, death metal, zen meditation.

Something doesn't look right there! lol

dead24

i listen to music, play video games, watch movies, sometimes i scream as loud as i can in my room and my parents will come inside and ask why am i screaming and i would just stare at them.