Using glyco in iontophoresis

Modam

Hi,

I'm pretty new here, and glad to have found a whole forum of people with the same weird problem!

Just a little about me:

I've had hyperhidrosis since about age 6-7. One of my earliest memories is of having difficulty holding the pencil because my hands were sweating so badly. My problem areas are my hands and feet: I actually used to sweat a ton from my armpits, but after using certain dri (kind of like non-prescription drysol) for about a year it totally went away, even though I haven't used certain dri in about 8 years. I think it destroyed some of my sweat glands or something (yay!) The hands and feet haven't been so easy to remedy - certain dri doesn't work for those. I tried iontophoresis, which kinda works, but is a pain in the a** with the spillage of water and the pain involved. It also seems to be sort of inconsistent, and figuring out dosage has been a pain. I haven't been using it lately because my sweating isn't as intense in the winter and 4mg of glyco takes care of it mostly, but might need to go back to it this summer (I sweat more in temps above 60-65).

My question:

My question is about using glyco in iontophoresis. I'm thinking the 4mg of glyco I'm taking won't cut it this summer. It's already not cutting it in 75 degree spring weather. Today I tried 5mg, and though I'm my hands are dry as hell, so are my mouth, throat, and eyes. I've been hoarse all day.

So, I'm thinking I'm going to have to return to iontophoresis this summer, and I'm hoping adding them to the water will improve effectiveness. Has anyone tried this, and if so, did it work? How much did you have to use, and how did you crush them? I don't have a mortar and pestle or anything like that, and I"m just wondering if I can break them with my hands.

Thanks a lot!

CharlesN

Hi Modam,

I'm not sure what kind of glyco pills you are getting, but I get them in capsule form from pharmacy.ca, it is a fine powder inside the capsule. You can twist the two ends of the capsule apart, but I find it easier just to snip the end off the capsule and pour the powder in to the water. I've been trying to make a 0.05% solution each time I do an ionto treatment. I can't conclusively say it makes any difference as I've used it from the start. So maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't, but in my mind I figure I won't mess with something that is working.

I did this because of a medical report I read on the web somewhere about this clinical trial they did and the ionto users using glyco in their water had far better results (in terms of duration) than those that didn't. I can't honestly say how long I could go without a treatment since I've never let myself gt back to the point where my hands can sweat since the first time they got fully dry.

Good luck,

Modam

Thanks for the reply. I have the chalky tablets, not capsules, so I couldn't open them like you do, but I might just smash up a couple and throw them in.

How often do you do maintenance treatments?

sportsfan8

Charles that's cool that ionto is working so well for you. I'm looking into getting a machine but don't know much about it, can you post what machine you use or if you made it, exactly how? Really appreciate it.

Sprawling

Charles that's cool that ionto is working so well for you. I'm looking into getting a machine but don't know much about it, can you post what machine you use or if you made it, exactly how? Really appreciate it.

Read some of the most current recent back posts. Lot's of info has been posted on different types of ionto machines including homemade. Ionto need not be expensive. A simple universal computer plug in power supply can be used as an ionto device.

Modam

In case anyone ever finds this thread with the same question, I am putting 4mg of glyco in each water bath, and it dissolves easily enough (I halve them). It seems like the glyco really does improve the effectiveness of the ionto. I did just one treatment and got about 50% dry - usually I'd need about 3 treatments to get that far. And that was just 20 min. at 12mA on a Fischer unit.

CharlesN

Awesome! Great to hear Modam. How much water per tray? I use 6 mgs, with about 1.0-1.1 litres per tray.

Modam

It's about 2 Liters per tray. I have the Fischer MD-1a unit, and I try to fill it up until the electrodes are entirely submerged (Maybe I could get away with less water, that would be nice).

I've done it two days in a row so far this way, and still about 50% dry - if I ingest 2mg of glyco in the morning I stay completely dry! But, I still want to keep doing until I'm 100% dry with just ionto, especially with the hot, humid summer coming. I also don't care for the side effects of the glyco and would like to stop using it altogether (except in the trays of course).

Maybe I'll try 6mg next time! Especially with as much water as I use.

NickM

It's about 2 Liters per tray. I have the Fischer MD-1a unit, and I try to fill it up until the electrodes are entirely submerged (Maybe I could get away with less water, that would be nice).

I've done it two days in a row so far this way, and still about 50% dry - if I ingest 2mg of glyco in the morning I stay completely dry! But, I still want to keep doing until I'm 100% dry with just ionto, especially with the hot, humid summer coming. I also don't care for the side effects of the glyco and would like to stop using it altogether (except in the trays of course).

Maybe I'll try 6mg next time! Especially with as much water as I use.

How is it working out for you?