US News report: Best Diets

MsBuzzkillington

"Diets" should be avoided.

You know what works? Burning more calories than you take in. It's really rather simple.

Portion control and moderation. Really, you can have any food you want... you just have to make sure it fits into your calorie goals.

Eat how you plan to eat for the rest of your life. So when you reach your goal weight, switching into maintenance (when you eat the same amount of calories that you are burning) will be a breeze because you'll already have the tools for a healthier lifestyle. You wouldn't have deprived yourself. If you deprive yourself of things and don't allow foods on your diet and then allow then when you've reached your goal, you are more likely to gain the weight back.

It should be a lifestyle change. Not a diet.

Not to knock your post. Sorry

For me that's Diet.

Diet doesn't mean don't eating. Eating less. Means changing for healthier habits.

Is not the diet that's wrong. But us.

When u need to change to folllow a "Diet" is cause probably u're out of balance when comes to food habbits.

So "Diet" is not a short term process but rather a long term habbit.

Every action as a lesson.

1BlackSheep

I agree with all of the above! I've had the most success with Weight Watchers because it basically lets me eat whatever I want, in moderation.

I think the link is useful in that it can give you some ideas on foods that are healthy and sort of motivate you in general, that's all. I tend to "fall off the wagon" fairly easily and need a reminder of how I can get back on track! :)