Update for the new year.

BlaiseBLATES

I would like to start by saying a Happy New Year to everybody (Although, yes, I am a little late).

I have been asked to update my progress now that I have fully recovered rom my social anxiety. So here it goes:
I suffered from agoraphobia from the age of 13 to 16. I am now 17 and celebrated my birthday with close friends, which I had missed a huge amount. I have come off the medication which helped me through (Prozac) and have had no repercussions from doing so. I am now in sixth form studying psychology, sociology and English lit/lang, attending school everyday used to be hard for me but now its just a normal thing. I also now work on weekends at a fitness centre so I dont get a break from leaving my house every single day. I also started driving which is very exciting for me, so far no anxiety on the road which is amazing. As part of my recovery Ive been exploring new things an]d meeting new people. I have a volunteer job at a primary school in my area and one of the things I am most proud of is that I recently became a blood donor, its something I was afraid I wouldnt be able to do because of my anxiety but I was so comfortable, it felt amazing.

I want to thank everybody who helped me realise I wasnt alone, and all those who were there at my downfalls. I wish everybody to know that they are not alone and I am here to offer support, or just be a friend, if you feel you may need someone.

:eek: I dont think I could ever willingly donate blood. I'd love to hear more about your recovery and how you've achieved it!

twiggle

It's always great to read success stories. Congrats Blaise, I'm glad you're enjoying your new life!

Iluv

Aw good job! You sound like you're doing great :) Success in recovery can give the greatest rewards later on in life.