Uncomfortable Situations Thread

206Raider

This thread is for everyone to post an uncomfortable situation and for others to give advice on what you think you should do or say in those high anxiety situations.

Example:

You are a friends house and 3 other people you don't know show up, all is good and well, but your a little uncomfortable you don't know what to say to these people becuase you've never met them and then one of them may notice your shyness and says "why are you so quiet"?

Typically that might shatter you, right? So my advice would then be to say, "that's how I am, if I have something to say I'll say it" or you could say "I don't talk to douchebags" but that might not win you any new friends. Then you could bring something up that you know a lot about like if you've seen a new movie you could ask if they've seen it and what they thought about it.

This thread might flop but I tried lol. I have orientation in 1 week and I have to stand around and socialize with a bunch of new people I've never met. It will be one of those get to know you days but what do you think are some good general topics to bring up that everyone relates too besides the obvious classes to the people there, sometimes in those situations my mind goes blank.