Unclean chair - please help - going crazy

johnt

Hi,
I have OCD for cleaning and am just wondering if somebody can please help me with a problem which is really driving me crazy and depressing me.

Here it is. I went to work on a friday after a drinking heavily at a work function the night before. In the morning at work I had pains and stomach rumbles even after going to the toilet before going to work. Once I tried to pass wind while sitting on my chair but being sick in the stomach i wondered if it was wind or possibly feacal material. I got up sometime after and didn't feel wet between my rear end so didn't worry about it. later that day I went to the toilet and while urininating I felt what could have been wind come from my anus at the same time. Unfortunately when I checked my underwear it was faecal material like Diarrhea. I went straight home without sitting back down on the chair.

The problem is I wonder if the event in the morning where I wasn't sure if I passed wind or it was feacal matter is really upsetting me. Hence if it was faceal material it would have soaked into the chair. Based on this thought, I went into to work the next day on Saturday and wiped the chair over with disinfectant with some wipes. The chair is a cushioned chair so I wonder if any faecal material is still on the chair. If it was a plastic chair it wouldn't bother me but I wonder if being a cushioned chair if anything has soaked into it that I can't remove even with wiping it over with wipes covered in disinfectant. I have to sit on this chair on Monday and don't know what to do, I can't change the chair. Please help, am I worrying too much ???

Thanks
Jeff

coyote

Hello Jeff

Does it look the same as anyone elses chair? If so you could perform the old switcheroo, spray it with Febreze if it is pongy, you don't want anyone starting an investigation into the fetid chair.

yeah, but who knows what they might have done in their chairs

johnt

Hi coyote an Tino,
Thanks for the reply, I am not really in a position to change the chair. If it were you would you have any problem sitting on the chair. I dread sitting on the chair tomorrow but don't think I have any choice.

Thanks in advance
Jeff

Remus

Staff member
Spray it with dettol anti bacterial spray. (or equivalent). If you get spotted cleaning, say you spilt your coffee all over it.

_2008_CHE325.jpg

Or break the chair and ask for a replacement.

Or buy a new chair for you office, complaining that the current one gives you back pain.

Last edited:

Starry

Have you investigated your trousers (pants if you're American or speak American-English, I suppose)? If they're all clean then there's nothing to worry about for obvious reasons...

johnt

Hi everybody,
Thanks for all the replies, I actually went to work today and sat on the chair. Felt a little uncomfortable but I stuck it out. I do wonder if I am transporting something that is not clean when I sit on that chair and then sit on another chair like a bus seat or a seat at home or a friends place.

Thanks again for your advice, it is much appreciated
Jeff