UK SA Site

Yossarian

I dunno. I find it big and scarey. I do keep meaning to join though. I read a thread for a possible meeting in my area and reckon it would be cool. It seemed to stop without any conclusion though. I found this place scary when I first joined so maybe I'd get used to it.

Johnie

I post on SA-UK but I prefer this site because :-

1. User profiles are must better here so you have some idea who you are dealing with

2. It's a bit harder moving round that site, specialy if you get there by clicking on an email notification.

3. You cannot preview a post before you send it, on SA-UK.

4. Since I signed up there I've got spam in the email a/c I use for that site. (This is all 'congradulations you've won the lottery' and 'Nigerian' spam).

5. All you nice folk are here! :D

On the other hand I prefer the "introduction to newbies" on SA-UK.

I was one of the first to sign up on this site (August 2003) but I've only just started posting - I used to post a bit on the usenet newsgroups.

Has anybody used the SAS site http://socialanxietysupport.com/

Johnie

HiApeNest

You can preview posts on SAUK. It's right below the writing box. There's a little box that you can check off that says "preview?" Just click on that and then click submit. It doesn't actually submit it yet. It just gives you the preview. When you click submit again, that's when it really submits it.

I've been to SAS.

HiApeNest

That's weird. Everybody's saying that SAUK is scary, but I've actually found it to be the least scary out of all the sites I've been to. I guess it just depends on what scares you.

LilMissTragic

Dont you find the SA UK site a little messy?. It seems to be all over the place and really scatty. Guess I just like everything neat and ordered.

Remus

Staff member
LilMissTragic said:
Dont you find the SA UK site a little messy?. It seems to be all over the place and really scatty. Guess I just like everything neat and ordered.

I find the layout of this place like that?????

HiApeNest

LilMissTragic said:

Yeah, it is messy. Sometimes that annoys me. I like things neat and ordered too. I didn't say the site was perfect. I just said I didn't find it scary.

Remus

Staff member
I've just used the site to make freinds with other SA/SP sufferers, I've met some complete stars :D

one who lives close has become like a sister to me :)