Trying to decode date with a Love-Shy guy.

This is cool. I'm very happy for you. :) You must be pretty thrilled. Now I can sleep soundly. :>

Aww. Thanks, that is sweet. And thank you for the encouragement!

I'm just thankful it won't be awkward, at this point at least, even if nothing comes of things relationship wise.

FallenFeathers

This topic has been really heart warming to read :D You seem like a sweet person CherryPepper, and it's also really refreshing to see how open minded and thoughtful you are about the whole situation.

Really wish you the best of luck with this ^.^

Just an update...not that it's important, but it helps me when I get things out.

He didn't come see me for two days, then I saw him in the hall and asked him if we were ok, told him I wanted to make sure I didn't make him uncomfortable. He was super blushy and smiley, told me we were ok but he has been busy...although I feel like any guy that was interested would have made contact somehow...but he mentioned a place we could go to this week.

But that was all...no texts, no contact. Maybe I'm just impatient, but I'm on the verge of giving up. :sad:

.....ahhhhhhhhhh..........so I was typing this he walked by as his ex/my friend was in my office and he didn't stop. ughhhh. He never walks this way so I know he was coming here.

Last edited:
Saw him this morning and we were alone. Just chit-chat and no mention of going out again. I'm officially done...my heart can't take any more. He's not interested but just too nice to tell me. :sad:

Amitush123

Saw him this morning and we were alone. Just chit-chat and no mention of going out again. I'm officially done...my heart can't take any more. He's not interested but just too nice to tell me. :sad:

If you're tired of speculating, ask him. simple as that. When I'm tired of small talk, I get to the point and ask her..I can't stand the wait

If you're tired of speculating, ask him. simple as that. When I'm tired of small talk, I get to the point and ask her..I can't stand the wait
I thought about that, but I feel like I already spilled by guts to him and don't want to scare him.

He actually just walked by and looked in and waved but didn't stop (so when he walked by the other day maybe he was doing the same). Coming this way is the long way of going to his office. I am really confused because he NEVER walks this way. Part of me feels like by doing that he's trying to say "look I'm walking by but I'm not stopping to talk to you because I'm not interested". I think I've been friend-zoned officially. It's ok. It'll be ok.

He gave me a little gift today. Small but thoughtful and shows he's paying attention. =)
Still no mention of a second date though...

Soooo...after he gave me the gift I texted him saying thanks again and it was nice of him to think of me. He responded with a joke about the gift...but I didn't think it was funny...only because I felt like I put myself out there by saying "thanks for thinking of me", and hoped he'd have a more personal response.

Last night I texted saying I was still up for the second outing he suggested (but never asked again) about. I said I wasn't sure if he changed his mind or got too busy (implying that he is sending mixed signals). He texted back saying he has been really busy and we'd try that second "outing" soon...

That is definitely my LAST move...I swear!! lol

Just updating...

We had the second date which was fun and comfortable but didn't talk about the relationship stuff. He started becoming more visible with me...walking up to me if he saw me, updated me after a big project success, sending me video of project, and got me another gift.

I finally said (texted) that I needed him to clarify if he is interested or not since summer is coming...we are both off for summer. The next morning he came to see me in person ... said that it wasn't as simple as yes or no and said that he needed to schedule more time with me and learn more about me to make sure the feeling is mutual... so this coming Monday is the last time I'll see him before September...I guess I'll get my final answer then. If he makes an effort or not...if not, I have the summer to get over him.

i'm shy too like your guy & i regrect it all the time because i had someone like you wanted me but my shyness prevented me from having you
try to help him being more confortable by acting as yourself most of the time, also making stupids things from one time to another would make him feel that it's ok to act even if the action that he would is a little clumsy or not the best one
the more you agree on his opinions, the more he gets more confident to approach you then after you earn his trust you will earn him